5/12/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
He came out rusty, but he got a tailor-made double play, a swinging bunt, and two shanks into the outfield...it's not like he hasn't made any good f***ing pitches

I think he only missed 1 bat that whole inning. That was hard to watch, but he was getting squeezed IMO.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
I think he only missed 1 bat that whole inning. That was hard to watch, but he was getting squeezed IMO.

Yep, he needs to trust that change-up against righties. He threw one good one that inning, so hopefully he gets a good feel for it as the game goes on.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 12, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)

He was behind in the count to almost every hitter...they're going to hit the fastball in those counts...maybe if the ump would call a knee-high strike, it would have been different.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
Yep, he needs to trust that change-up against righties. He threw one good one that inning, so hopefully he gets a good feel for it as the game goes on.

I've always like his change more than the slider. There's gotta be a reason he's not throwing it often. It's probably harder to repeat.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)

Doubtful he goes more than five innings at 45 pitches already.

Sale has said he's going to have to use the change more and slider less as a starter...

Hoch? LOL. Greg, even if the White Sox were down 7-0 against Hochevar, there would still be a chance. Not a good one, but there have been a lot of teams who have already come back from 5-6-7 or even more (see NY/Boston) deficits in the early innings this year.

QUOTE (kapzk @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
Just when the pitching needs help the offense packs the bag and disappears

It would have been nice to get the three back right away. Instead, Sale is right back out there after that disastrous inning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
That was just a bizarre inning for Sale. I know the walks killed, but nothing was hit hard against him. Hosmer hit one about 30 feet, and Falus ball couldn't have been thrown into the OF any better.

Gordon and Butler did, but after that he was fine.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
That was just a bizarre inning for Sale. I know the walks killed, but nothing was hit hard against him. Hosmer hit one about 30 feet, and Falus ball couldn't have been thrown into the OF any better.

How many times do leadoff walks kill a pitcher, however?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)

Hanging that 2 strike slider to Gordon changed that entire inning.

I recall Sale's draft scouting reports saying that his better pitch was his changeup. Bizarre that he doesn't like it anymore -- maybe a side effect of the time spent in bullpen.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 12, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
its been 1 inning guys...albeit a bad inning on bot sides of things, theres still 8 innings to go, relax.

Thank you! You'd think this was Game 7 of the ALCS and we all bet $50k on the game...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)

Butler.

I'm in no way worried about that inning.