GT 5-13-12 Sox vs Royals, 1:10pm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
+1

The problem is not the stuff as much as the fact that he just seems to swing at everything with the same exact swing. There doesn't seem to be any recognition for pitch location.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
The problem is not the stuff as much as the fact that he just seems to swing at everything with the same exact swing. There doesn't seem to be any recognition for pitch location.

Agreed, he swings over the top of nearly every fastball he's able to make contact with.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
This is what happens when you score 1 run against a mop-up pitcher.

No offense means you can't make any mistakes and we did yesterday and today.

I think that kid had no average too

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
I hope MT is shipped of soon he is not getting the job done anymore.

Who would pay $12 million (and has the room on their payroll) for a mid 30's relief pitcher who's clearly a one trick pony?

At best, you can just dump most of his salary, but getting anything decent back in terms of a prospect? Forget it.

Giavatello was something like 8/19 against us last year and he's continuing that trend this season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Who would pay $12 million (and has the room on their payroll) for a mid 30's relief pitcher who's clearly a one trick pony?

At best, you can just dump most of his salary, but getting anything decent back in terms of a prospect? Forget it.

The king of overreaction.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)

KW would not know a decent prospect anyway, what's the difference what Sox get back!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)

Giavatello was something like 8/19 against us last year and he's continuing that trend this season.

If I was a competitive team, Me.

I'm out after that play by Escobar.

If Sox don't rally to win this game, they've proven again they can't get up for the s*** of the Central Division. Losing 2 of 3 would be bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)

If Sox don't rally to win this game, they've proven again they can't get up for the s*** of the Central Division. Losing 2 of 3 would be bad.

You're not out, that'd make you 19x in, because you'd get to gloat, and that's what you're waiting for.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)

So sad to see you go. Goodbye

Okay, fine.

I just wake up to listen to the freakin' game and two minutes after I turn it on, Matt Thornton does that?

Great, he's the best left-handed set-up guy in the history of the game.

Every hitter who has touched him up this season and last was just extremely lucky. He could probably get us back 2 Top 100 prospects, and that would be a steal for another team just to get away with that, possibly they'd need to trade another bench guy to replace Escobar to go with the prospects.

Matt Thornton's velocity isn't down. He actually should be the closer over Addison Reed, because all of his blown saves are just bad luck these last two seasons.

The more I think about it, the less the luxury tax matters for the Red Sox because they're right back in the AL East race...

Edited by caulfield12