Serious Question???

Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 13, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
Honestly, the last one I can remember was 2 years ago vs. Seattle when Rios hit a walk-off HR. There has to be a more recent one than that though, right?

I sure hope so, but Im still drawing a blank. Im sure somebody will have the answer tho haha.

While we're on the topic of serious questions, has a team ever made the MLB playoffs with a record below .500 at home?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/theh...500_playof.html

I found this article about teams whose regular season record was below .500 or right around that mark (and made the post-season) but couldn't find a list/article answer whether any team had made the playoffs without playing .500 at home? I'm guessing or assuming there hasn't been, but throughout all of baseball history, seems like it at least COULD have happened at least ONCE.

It didn't end up being a win, but there was a game against the O's (IIRC) that went into extra innings and featured maybe three instances that had the Sox down to their final AB or strike. Teahen homered, AJ homered, it felt like there were a thousand opportunities to put them away. Lillibridge got himself picked off at second after he pinch ran for Konerko. It was remarkable how bad it looked. He completely stopped paying attention to the game and got picked off- the pitcher probably could have walked over there himself to tag him. I think there was also a Santos blown save mixed in for good measure as well.

After the two teams did their damnedest to let the other team the win, the O's finally obliged the Sox and won.

This is the game that comes to my mind first when I think about walk offs.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 14, 2012 -> 04:43 AM)
WOW now that I think about it could that be where the beef between him & Chris Perez started?

Chris still a little butt hurt over that walk off grand slam? Haha thanks for the video

*side note*

I think it's funny as hell when a pitcher immediately starts walking to the dugout right after contact is made on a game ending home run. They don't even stick around to make sure it's gone. :lolhitting

• 4 weeks later...