Dunn will play LF during interleague

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
The worst thing we could do is have him make 2-3 errors at 3B and mess up his growing confidence at the plate right now.

Personnaly, I would prefer that Viciedo stays in left, Konerko at first, Dunn in right for all three games. Let Mr. Rios have a seat on the bench.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
You don't want Dunn trying to play RF at Wrigley.

He did last season with at least 25 additional pounds. You don't want them hitting anything to him no matter where he plays, but you may get lucky and have a game where everything his way is routine.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2012 -> 06:46 AM)
You don't want Dunn trying to play RF at Wrigley.

I tend to be a defense has priority over offense type person. In this case however, especially the way our offense struggles to score runs, I think that I would take a +offense, -defense Dunn over a +defense, -offense Rios.

This opinion might be somewhat dependant on which way and how hard the wind is blowing at Wrigley.

QUOTE (balfanman @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
I tend to be a defense has priority over offense type person. In this case however, especially the way our offense struggles to score runs, I think that I would take a +offense, -defense Dunn over a +defense, -offense Rios.

This opinion might be somewhat dependant on which way and how hard the wind is blowing at Wrigley.

RF in Wrigley is a special kind of monster with the different angles and walls. I'd much rather see him in LF.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
RF in Wrigley is a special kind of monster with the different angles and walls. I'd much rather see him in LF.

With guys like Campana, Barney, & Castro, any ball they hit near the corner would be a guaranteed triple with Dunn out there

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 16, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
Ok with Viciedo officially heating up, I want Dayan playing at least 2 games vs Cubs.

Have Dunn, Dayan and Paulie sit out 1 game each ?

In fact: Move Dayan to 3B for the series.

This is why inter-league play needs to end. It is grossly unfair to AL teams when playing in NL parks.

I know it puts $ in owners pockets but it destroys the integrity of the game.

I wish the owners would create a position in MLB senior management that could look out for big picture issues like this and resolve them responsibly........ (hello Bud Selig...FIX THIS!!).

While a blanket inclusion or elimination of the DH is probably too much to expect; I will never understand why MLB simply does not allow the AL teams to utilize the DH in NL parks. The NL teams all have no problem switching to the use of a DH when playing in an AL park.

This is a simple and IMMEDIATE solution to a significant issue of competitive fairness. Why the AL owners/GM's do not demand that this occur has always mystified me.

QUOTE (59th street @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
This is why inter-league play needs to end. It is grossly unfair to AL teams when playing in NL parks.

I know it puts $ in owners pockets but it destroys the integrity of the game.

I wish the owners would create a position in MLB senior management that could look out for big picture issues like this and resolve them responsibly........ (hello Bud Selig...FIX THIS!!).

While a blanket inclusion or elimination of the DH is probably too much to expect; I will never understand why MLB simply does not allow the AL teams to utilize the DH in NL parks. The NL teams all have no problem switching to the use of a DH when playing in an AL park.

This is a simple and IMMEDIATE solution to a significant issue of competitive fairness. Why the AL owners/GM's do not demand that this occur has always mystified me.

Its usually unfair to NL teams in AL parks as they wind up with a reserve player DHing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Its usually unfair to NL teams in AL parks as they wind up with a reserve player DHing.

But they do have the option of utilizing the "other leagues" rules, not so for AL teams in NL parks. Seems inequitable to me and easy to resolve.