• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Definitely should be starting in AAA

I know he doesn't always have this movement, but when he does, he brings back memories of Jason Bere for whatever reason.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
I know he doesn't always have this movement, but when he does, he brings back memories of Jason Bere for whatever reason.

Very difficult to have a consistent sinker out of the bullpen; I say this from personal experience

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Seems interesting that KW seems to have a much easier time getting good arms than hitters when he hasn't thrown a pitch in his life

I wonder how much it's Cooper looking at video.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
I wonder how much it's Cooper looking at video.

I doubt there is much of that, honestly. Would be asking a lot from your pitching coach.

I'm sure he has given input or suggestions before, but I doubt that it is a regular thing.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Seems interesting that KW seems to have a much easier time getting good arms than hitters when he hasn't thrown a pitch in his life

But the OPS numbers and OBP for most of our young hitters align nicely with KW's career as a hitter, lol.

And there's another parallel, Williams too was moved around the diamond, just like we have done with Beckham, Sale and Viciedo, not to mention Santiago.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
But the OPS numbers and OBP for most of our young hitters align nicely with KW's career as a hitter, lol.

And there's another parallel, Williams too was moved around the diamond, just like we have done with Beckham, Sale and Viciedo, not to mention Santiago.

Where'd he move? From the mound to the mound?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Where'd he move? From the mound to the mound?

Jerking back and forth from relieving to starting to relieving...not quite the same as a position change, but similar ideas.

Hit and run is fine, but not a straight steal. AJ usually makes contact at least.

Edited by caulfield12