5/15 Tigers vs. White Sox

Quin

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scout: Jake Peavy may be running out of gas after 88 pitches, his fastball has dropped from a high of 93 to as low as 85.

3 pitches later: Jake Peavy has thrown 91 pitches but has plenty left in the tank, with his fastball sitting at 89 over the last 10 pitches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
Scout: Jake Peavy may be running out of gas after 88 pitches, his fastball has dropped from a high of 93 to as low as 85.

3 pitches later: Jake Peavy has thrown 91 pitches but has plenty left in the tank, with his fastball sitting at 89 over the last 10 pitches.

Whoever wrote that thing has no idea how baseball works.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Whoever wrote that thing has no idea how baseball works.

That's what happens when you try to analyze the game with a computer program. It has no "feel," just a sense of data and averages.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
That's what happens when you try to analyze the game with a computer program. It has no "feel," just a sense of data and averages.

I'm sure if they spent more time with it, it will be a hell of a lot better. It's a poorly programmed feature. You'll be surprised how smart a computer program can be.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
Well that is not good. Ryan f***ing Raburn seriously he was batting .149 with 2 RBI on the season

Never easy with this team

Why the f*** is Peavy still in this game

because he's been fine all season till this very moment. you gotta have faith in your best starter.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
I'm sure if they spent more time with it, it will be a hell of a lot better. It's a poorly programmed feature. You'll be surprised how smart a computer program can be.

As a computer programmer currently working for a major website, I probably wouldn't be surprised, heh.

That said, I would love to go work for MLB.com and reprogram the s*** out of GameDay.