5/15 Tigers vs. White Sox

Quin

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I'll take that bet.

QUOTE (59th street @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Oh please; getz cheats up the middle because he cannot go to his right at all. Did you ever actually watch him play or do you just like to b**** about everything.

Same thing to the genius (probably a cub fan) complaining about Viceado when he charged the ball and then dropped it; errors of comission happen in the game of baseball. Given his history he will hit and we need hitters. GO SOX !

Who cares about defense from your second baseman? I am saying Beckham can't hit. Getz is the same player, arguably a better player than Beckham.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Hate to ask this, but did it look gone off the bat?

You'd have thought it would have with how the ball jumps off Tank's bat and today's carry...but it did look like he hit it a little off the end of the bat.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Can't believe that didn't go

I have to wonder if this might motivate Dayan to actually try to take fastballs to the opposite field in the future

Why would a fly out motivate Tank to go to right field more?

Nice couple games in a row from Tank, however. At least he's hitting now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Who cares about defense from your second baseman? I am saying Beckham can't hit. Getz is the same player, arguably a better player than Beckham.

LOL, defense comes first from your second baseman unless he's a big bat

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Why would a fly out motivate Tank to go to right field more?

Nice couple games in a row from Tank, however. At least he's hitting now.

He hasn't hit a fastball hard in a while but he hit to the opposite field very much in the minor leagues, it was even a gripe. I'd say he might realize that looking to the opposite field won't hurt his power numbers seeing as he just nicked that thing to the RF fence

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
LOL, defense comes first from your second baseman unless he's a big bat

Says who?

Second basemen are a dime a dozen in baseball. You can always find a second baseman with the production of a Beckham/Getz.

That's why I'm saying they are the same guy.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
He hasn't hit a fastball hard in a while but he hit to the opposite field very much in the minor leagues, it was even a gripe. I'd say he might realize that looking to the opposite field won't hurt his power numbers seeing as he just nicked that thing to the RF fence

I can buy that.

I thought you were implying the at bat was some sort of monumental success.

Your reasoning makes sense.

Hopefully Floyd can outduel Jerome Williams tomorrow night, and then it's Sale vs CJ Wilson Thursday afternoon. Take a split out there, and come home and knock around the Cubs for a few days at Wrigley. Then the Twins and Indians at the Cell. It's time for a 9-2 stretch.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Hate to ask this, but did it look gone off the bat?

Didn't see it off the bat, just walked by a TV at work. RF kept drifting back and back thought, got my hopes up :(

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
Hopefully Floyd can outduel Jerome Williams tomorrow night, and then it's Sale vs CJ Wilson Thursday afternoon. Take a split out there, and come home and knock around the Cubs for a few days at Wrigley. Then the Twins and Indians at the Cell. It's time for a 9-2 stretch.

I dread the "Crosstown Classic".

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
Says who?

Second basemen are a dime a dozen in baseball. You can always find a second baseman with the production of a Beckham/Getz.

That's why I'm saying they are the same guy.

That's why you need good defense from him...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
The last four innings sucked, but I will say this team has some spunk. They are never dead. Last years team would have quit in the sixth.

I disagree. AJ and Paulie never quit. They were instrumental in the "rally" today as they were under Ozzie.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:12 PM)
Hit it too high. RF'er had it all the way.

It was a good effort, but no, it didn't look gone right off the bat.

It looked interesting, like it had a shot, but no reason to get too excited off the bat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
I disagree. AJ and Paulie never quit. They were instrumental in the "rally" today as they were under Ozzie.

this team rolled over and played dead if they spit up a lead last year. They had no heart.