7-15 in the last 22

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 17, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
If Doc said it did, there is a good chance it did.

Beachy would've been Nnnniiiccceee! For my own sanity, I'm going to believe/pretend it didn't happen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Peavy's option is insane, but Hamels' extremely long and expensive deal makes sense? Let the Yankees suffer the consequences of signing Hamels long-term, not that Jerry would anyways.

As for Hamilton, if every team is scared of signing him to a Pujols/Fielder deal then maybe KW would have some interest. However, some team is likely to offer him a monster deal and there's just too much risk with him. And even if the offers are shorter, we're still unlikely to be the highest bidder.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
So Peavy's option is insane, but Hamels' extremely long and expensive deal makes sense? Let the Yankees suffer the consequences of signing Hamels long-term, not that Jerry would anyways.

As for Hamilton, if every team is scared of signing him to a Pujols/Fielder deal then maybe KW would have some interest. However, some team is likely to offer him a monster deal and there's just too much risk with him. And even if the offers are shorter, we're still unlikely to be the highest bidder.

Yes. I'm going to say right now that the worst thing the Sox could do would be to sign either of these guys in the offseason even though it would never happen.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 17, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
This is funny because you are so adamant about the Sox having no chance this year. Forget about winning the division, the Sox have a better chance at winning the 2012 World Series than they have at signing Hamels or Hamilton this winter.

And for good reason.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 17, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Beachy would've been Nnnniiiccceee! For my own sanity, I'm going to believe/pretend it didn't happen.

Wasn't Beachy, but Minor or Teheran yes.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)

:lolhitting

I thought the Braves might have been dumb/desperate enough to give up Beachy, but I don't think anyone out there other than talk radio/people who wanted to blame KW for not getting the deal done actually would have thought the Braves would give up either of those guys for Quentin.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)

I'd have thought they'd have offered up Beachy before Teheran...I mentioned Teheran about 5 times when those rumors were occurring and everyone told me I was in la la land.

If we passed on him I'm quite disappointed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
I'd have thought they'd have offered up Beachy before Teheran...I mentioned Teheran about 5 times when those rumors were occurring and everyone told me I was in la la land.

If we passed on him I'm quite disappointed.

well my man, you may be in la la land for other reasons!

kenny didnt want to sell last year, he thought the sox were in it till the end

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)

Thanks, doc. I guess the Beachy thing was pure rumor.

Castro is at least intriguing - peripherals look better than results at this point.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
Thanks, doc. I guess the Beachy thing was pure rumor.

Castro is at least intriguing - peripherals look better than results at this point.

The Sox have said somewhere they thought Castro had a few serious mechanical issues going on, so they dropped him back to AA to work specifically on getting things under control. Might slow down his "progress" in terms of moving up, but let's see how his performance changes throughout the year.