Sox @ Angels 5/17 game thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am having a brain fart here. A save opportunity comes when a team is up by 3 runs or less, or when a reliever comes in and if you assumed all the runners on base were runs, the team would be up by 3 runs or less, right?

Say Wells doesn't rob that HR and the Sox are up by 6 runs. If Thornton loads the bases, and then Reed comes in, that becomes a save opportunity, right?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 17, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Ok, I am having a brain fart here. A save opportunity comes when a team is up by 3 runs or less, or when a reliever comes in and if you assumed all the runners on base were runs, the team would be up by 3 runs or less, right?

Say Wells doesn't rob that HR and the Sox are up by 6 runs. If Thornton loads the bases, and then Reed comes in, that becomes a save opportunity, right?

Hopefully we will not need Reed!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 17, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
AJ should've gone in hard anyway

No chance, he was not near close enough. That's a recipe for taking a baseball to the face

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 17, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
Nice bounce back win

It seems like this team has more resilience than what we're accustomed to seeing.

I say that with hesitance because I think MLB ballplayers are much more mentally tough than we give them credit for.