Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
I really don't are about the circumstances, you stick up for your guy

But you do it smartly. Not in the 3rd inning after a warning, thus guaranteeing Humber is ejected, while the Cubs get to go unscathed. That's just a bad baseball decision.

Do it later if the game is out of reach one way or the other, or do it tomorrow.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
But you do it smartly. Not in the 3rd inning after a warning, thus guaranteeing Humber is ejected, while the Cubs get to go unscathed. That's just a bad baseball decision.

Do it later if the game is out of reach one way or the other, or do it tomorrow.

This. There will be a time.

Is it really worth having Zach Stewart out there for 4-5 innings and Phil gone for a couple of starts?

No. If Samardzija is still in the game long enough to bat again, maybe you do it then. Otherwise, you have LaHair get blasted his first time up tomorrow.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
No. If Samardzija is still in the game long enough to bat again, maybe you do it then. Otherwise, you have LaHair get blasted his first time up tomorrow.

I actually think if you want to take anyone out, take out Castillo, and force Darwin Barney to catch. Ha, that'd be funny.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Samardzija is a dick?

lol, okay. Every pitcher has hit someone like that in their past and it is very scary. Pitchers don't just hit guys for no reason unless they're willing to get in a fight and I don't think Samardzija is looking to brawl

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
If anything, you show Smarjdkdj that pitching inside and hitting White Sox whether it was on purpose or not, can be harmful to himself or his teammates. It will get him off the inside edge.

Yes, you need to make sure he is afraid to let one go again

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
lol, okay. Every pitcher has hit someone like that in their past and it is very scary. Pitchers don't just hit guys for no reason unless they're willing to get in a fight and I don't think Samardzija is looking to brawl

Konerko hit a HR off him and maybe he thought he watched it too much of something like that?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
Not in the face but, yes I do.

Then why throw a pitch with so much movement? If you want to hit someone, then throw a fastball, not a pitch with huge movement.

But again, I think there is no chance he was trying to hit Paulie. The fact that he almost his Alexei twice is probably a testament to him losing control, not trying to hit anyone he could.