Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Seriously, the way Gordon's been swinging the bat the past few weeks, he's back.

He's hitting .238 with a .707 OPS in May. There's an 0/14 stretch in there that really hurts his "past few weeks" numbers.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
Seriously, the way Gordon's been swinging the bat the past few weeks, he's back.

I hope your right. He had that great stretch...then went like 0-14 and had some balls hit really hard in LA and robbed of a homer...so lets hope he and Tank are back. Need the offense.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
ROFLMAO at Samarjia. Look on his face was priceless. I wish it was a no doubter so Beckham could have watched from home plate for 15 minutes.

And hopefully the whole Sox dugout told him about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
He's hitting .238 with a .707 OPS in May. There's an 0/14 stretch in there that really hurts his "past few weeks" numbers.

he has been hitting the ball way better in May, stats or no stats.

I don't even care about average. It's been bullets right to left and right fielders seemingly every at bat as opposed to the "WTFISABASEBALLHOLYf***" swings.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
LMAO at the analysis of Beckham's homer....he took Samardzija deep because Paulie got hit?

Kasper and brenley are clowns

He is making solid contact though which is a plus. Kind of hawkerish but it is true unlike Morel and Beckham and Dunn last year. Wells robbed him yesterday as well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
I don't even care about average. It's been bullets right to left and right fielders seemingly every at bat as opposed to the "WTFISABASEBALLHOLYf***" swings.

Exactly. You can see the difference.