Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
I worry about Dunn getting hurt playing the outfield

Le sigh. Why aren't you worried about Rios getting hurt then? or Beckham? or Paulie? or AJ? or Viciedo? or Humber? or Escobar? or Alexei?

Edited by TitoMB

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 18, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Le sigh. Why aren't you worried about Rios getting hurt then? or Beckham? or Paulie? or AJ? or Viciedo? or Humber? or Escobar? or Alexei?

Dunn hasn't played LF since 2009. It is very different. Especially when you are talking about a slow, big, and bad outfielder in his days of playing the field daily.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
Dunn hasn't played LF since 2009. It is very different. Especially when you are talking about a slow, big, and bad outfielder in his days of playing the field daily.

Regardless, he is still a professional athlete.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:05 AM)
Dunn doesn't move quickly enough to get hurt.

What if he puts his glove on his head, it slips and ends up covering his eyes, and then he trips, falls, and hits his head??

Something like this:

ZxVaA.jpg

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
Where is that happening?

Its happening with fanbases everywhere. DRose shouldn't be playing he should be sitting, Dunn shouldn't be playing he might get hurt. Read fan comments anytime a significant player gets hurt, they shouldn't have been playing. The bottom line..........everyone might get hurt. They have been playing all of their lives, don't worry about it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
Its happening with fanbases everywhere. DRose shouldn't be playing he should be sitting, Dunn shouldn't be playing he might get hurt. Read fan comments anytime a significant player gets hurt, they shouldn't have been playing. The bottom line..........everyone might get hurt. They have been playing all of their lives, don't worry about it.

Rose probably shouldn't have been playing though. It was like the equivalent of being up by 5 with in the 9th inning and having your starting pitcher still out there with 120 pitches.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
Rose probably shouldn't have been playing though. It was like the equivalent of being up by 5 with in the 9th inning and having your starting pitcher still out there with 120 pitches.

Not very comparable situations.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
Hey, being a big Notre Dame fan, and a good friend of Jeff's cousin, I am a fan of him. I hope it's their bullpen we destroy today.

And to think I defended this guy and his nicknames. Shame on me.

Good GOD, do I hate the F***in' Irish.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 18, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)

Comfort zone of their settings. Dunn has not played there in a while and therefore will not be comfortable which increases in my mind the exposure to something bad happening.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
Not that the Sox probably care at all, I just don't understand why Smardkfgjsdajfds would make the comment he made yesterday. It really served no purpose.

Reporters were probably asking everyone under the sun leading questions to get something started

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
Hey, being a big Notre Dame fan, and a good friend of Jeff's cousin, I am a fan of him. I hope it's their bullpen we destroy today.

To destroy their pen, we first must destroy the leprechan. F$%^ the Cubs and the same for The Dame! :gosoxretro: