AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Missed the game. Can somebody tell me more about PK getting beaned? Was it intentional?

Samardzija barely missed him with a fastball up and in. Next pitch was a splitter and hit Paulie in the eye/underside of the visor of his helmet. 2-2 count.

0 chance he meant to hit him, because that's not how you do it. If it was a fastball, there would be a little doubt. Pitchers that are anxious pitching to a guy that just hit his fastball a mile tend to let them slip a little early, especially something like a splitter.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Samardzija barely missed him with a fastball up and in. Next pitch was a splitter and hit Paulie in the eye/underside of the visor of his helmet. 2-2 count.

0 chance he meant to hit him, because that's not how you do it. If it was a fastball, there would be a little doubt. Pitchers that are anxious pitching to a guy that just hit his fastball a mile tend to let them slip a little early, especially something like a splitter.

Regardless, f*** that guy.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
I wish I could have listened to the Sox feed all game. I had to listen to Casper and Brenly whine about how Humbers pitch to Lahair was too far "up"...and how the Sox shouldn't be trying to retaliate that way. Whatthef***ever...their goon of a pitcher knocked a legend out of a ballgame, and didn't seem to give two s***s about it.

Hell of a job by Addison pitching around Rios stupidity. Really was no excuse for that. Sun or not...get an angle. You're a major league ballplayer. Too important of an out.

That's all I had too. WGN and Cubs announcers. I hope Sunday on WGN is Hawk and Stone

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Beckham in post game show saying he knows beaning Paulie wasn't on purpose. But Stoney made a point of saying Samardzjia beaned Heyward after he homered off him. That's when Hawk got all riled up.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
Missed the game. Can somebody tell me more about PK getting beaned? Was it intentional?

Yes it was intentional. Watch the replay. They call certain pitchers headhunters for a reason.

I'd like to hear more about what hawk said on the postgame interview. Did Hawk change his stance that the punk threw at Paulie?

Great win. Interesting the Sox could hang on with the lovefest of Wood going on.

Two good young relievers on the White Sox. The rest of them blow, however, with the exception of maybe Crain on certain nights.

Beckham's clutch homer again proves he has some special talent. He needs to get his act together and start blossoming. It seems like he tries and does not loaf. There's just something missing in his offensive game. Not today, however. Nice bomb.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
Yes it was intentional. Watch the replay. They call certain pitchers headhunters for a reason.

I'd like to hear more about what hawk said on the postgame interview. Did Hawk change his stance that the punk threw at Paulie?

Great win. Interesting the Sox could hang on with the lovefest of Wood going on.

Two good young relievers on the White Sox. The rest of them blow, however, with the exception of maybe Crain on certain nights.

Beckham's clutch homer again proves he has some special talent. He needs to get his act together and start blossoming. It seems like he tries and does not loaf. There's just something missing in his offensive game. Not today, however. Nice bomb.

lol like lol

board rules prevent me from stating my thoughts

f*** the Cubs. Bush league stopping the game for five minutes to celebrate the mediocre career of Wood.

Konerko with the big home run, then takes one off the eye. Hope he'll be back very soon.

Great job by Reed.

But my hat goes off today to Gordon Beckham. Not just for the game winning home run but the way he played the whole game, especially the play at 2B.

Let's sweep these bastards!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
I didn't get to see the game but why are we freaking out if PK was hit by a high 80's splitter?

It's more interesting to think it was intentional.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:49 AM)
I didn't get to see the game but why are we freaking out if PK was hit by a high 80's splitter?

Watch the replay. It was thrown HARD and hit our star in the face. That's why I'm freaking out. You think Paulie can't get out of the way of a pitch that's not directed right at him??

I'm a little sad more Sox fans aren't outraged at this. We're talking about Konerko getting hit in the face with a pitch. Konerko! Arguably one of the best couple hitters in Sox history.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)

I think really only Greg is freaking out. But are you insinuating that it's no big deal to be hit in the FACE with an 80-something mph pitch? Watch it if you didn't see it. It sounded terrible. Another inch or so and it's maybe a Tony Conigliaro-type injury, ie., a career ending injury.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 18, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
I think really only Greg is freaking out. But are you insinuating that it's no big deal to be hit in the FACE with an 80-something mph pitch? Watch it if you didn't see it. It sounded terrible. Another inch or so and it's maybe a Tony Conigliaro-type injury, ie., a career ending injury.

No, not at all. But I am saying that there's no reason to freak out at the opponent for a pitch that most likely wasn't intentional.

I'm mad that Paulie got hit by a pitch. I'm mad that Samardzija got so flustered that he started overthrowing. I'm not taking it personally though because he's not dumb enough to intentionally hit Paulie. The best part is if he somehow did it on purpose, he didn't gain from it. Everyone hates him and he lost.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
I hate Kerry Wood.

ESPN: "After the game, it was all about Wood."

Yeah, let's celebrate a mediocre, overrated career that produced absolutely nothing.

To be fair, it's not like this is a matchup of obvious playoff teams here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
To be fair, it's not like this is a matchup of obvious playoff teams here.

It's a shame. It was a really good ballgame between rivals fully equipped with hit batsmen, retaliation, chirping from the dugouts, and dramatic home runs.