PK - back in action

southsider2k5

What were your guys' reactions when it first happened? I was honestly pretty scared, especially after seeing guys like Derrick Rose suffer a terrible injury and even recalling Urlacher's disgusting injury in game 16.

You would have thought it was my first born son getting hit with a baseball the way I reacted.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
What were your guys' reactions when it first happened? I was honestly pretty scared, especially after seeing guys like Derrick Rose suffer a terrible injury and even recalling Urlacher's disgusting injury in game 16.

You would have thought it was my first born son getting hit with a baseball the way I reacted.

I was nervous, but with him being conscious and not spurting blood, I knew it wasn't a worst case scenario.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)

My best friend in Chicago was texting me on Saturday saying he was "beside himself and could not get PK out of his mind."

I got a good chuckle out of that.

Stone had a nice analysis of the pitch on the SCORE they broke down the video and it showed that he was trying to snap the splitter off too much and it came out of the side of his hand which was why Konerko did not pick it up properly.

Stone thinks he will be back tomorrow and better than ever.

Anyone else think that Konerko getting hit may have done a bit of good as it keep two hot bats in the lineup without having to explain why Konerko would be out and let them play positions they were comfortable with? This assumes Paul comes back tomorrow and does not miss a beat.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 21, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
Stone had a nice analysis of the pitch on the SCORE they broke down the video and it showed that he was trying to snap the splitter off too much and it came out of the side of his hand which was why Konerko did not pick it up properly.

Stone thinks he will be back tomorrow and better than ever.

Anyone else think that Konerko getting hit may have done a bit of good as it keep two hot bats in the lineup without having to explain why Konerko would be out and let them play positions they were comfortable with? This assumes Paul comes back tomorrow and does not miss a beat.

Yeah, I don't think it hurt us too badly, since we just kept Dunn and Viciedo in the lineup...didn't really miss a beat.

May have fired up the club a bit too...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
Yeah, I don't think it hurt us too badly, since we just kept Dunn and Viciedo in the lineup...didn't really miss a beat.

May have fired up the club a bit too...

I think it fired up the club, especially Beckham. I loved the locker room interview with AJ where he said Beckham had to stick up for his dad or something like that and thats why he had the play at second and hit the homer.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
I think it fired up the club, especially Beckham. I loved the locker room interview with AJ where he said Beckham had to stick up for his dad or something like that and thats why he had the play at second and hit the homer.

Yeah, they mentioned that on the telecast yesterday afternoon...if that's what it takes...works for me....

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 21, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
PK14. Never Forget.

We need a uniform patch, Moose Skowrons should be removed and replaced with PK14

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
RIP Paulie, you were taken from us far too young.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
I hope Hawk delivers the eulogy.

I was just having a laugh at this thread.... and now I'm crying laughing!! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
HOLY CRAP DUDE IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE.

I think Samarj is crazy enough and cocky enough that in the heat of action he was headhunting.

A lie detector test would prove it IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)
I think Samarj is crazy enough and cocky enough that in the heat of action he was headhunting.

A lie detector test would prove it IMO.

"Did you hold a grudge against Paul Konerko?"

In the history of baseball, has there ever been a lie detector test brought into evidence?

They didn't have it at the time of the Black Sox Scandal, I wonder if using that particular pseudo-scientific device fell into the orbit of the Pete Rose/gambling on baseball controversy with Giamatti?

Has it been used in any of the steroids/Congressional investigations and trials?

Usually, it's not admissable anyway, at least in a court of law.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 22, 2012 -> 12:53 AM)
Greg, I still think you're a troll, but this statement is so out there at least it made me chuckle.

If I am a troll, then Fathom is a Cub fan.

Neither is (are) the case.