PK - back in action

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
You don't hit guys with splitters on purpose. Why is this so hard to understand?

Not sure if this is directed at me. I had the disclaimer of not seeing the game. Had no clue what type of pitch was thrown.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)
yeah man, splitters just go wherever they want. crazy splitters.

Disregarding the fact that the splitter may be the single easiest pitch to miss high and to the arm side with, why would you hit someone on purpose with a slower pitch? With a pitch that is harder to locate? With a 2-2 count?

Nonetheless, a message was sent. You're not allowed to hit our guys in the face, accident or not.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
Disregarding the fact that the splitter may be the single easiest pitch to miss high and to the arm side with, why would you hit someone on purpose with a slower pitch? With a pitch that is harder to locate? With a 2-2 count?

Nonetheless, a message was sent. You're not allowed to hit our guys in the face, accident or not.

What message was that?

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 18, 2012 -> 07:01 PM)
And we delivered that message how? Did we retaliate?

Threw behind LaHair.

Ideally he would have taken it in the ribs, but everyone knows what was going on regardless.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
Threw behind LaHair.

Ideally he would have taken it in the ribs, but everyone knows what was going on regardless.

Ahhh, I didn't get to see the game so I didn't know that happened. Cool. Glad we tried at least.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:12 AM)
You don't hit guys with splitters on purpose. Why is this so hard to understand?

QUOTE (59th street @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
I think Buehrle had about 56 million things ($) he loved more than oz "the quitter".

Hopefully Peavy will plunk a Cub next time he starts vs. the Cubs.

Watch the replay. He threw at Paulie no question. Watch the direction of the arm and the ball!

Samarj is a punk. He did the same thing vs. the Braves. He should be suspended.

And on Mark ... there's no way he'd have gone to the Marlins if he had ANY problems with Oz. Give me a break. He obviously likes pitching for Ozzie.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Hopefully Peavy will plunk a Cub next time he starts vs. the Cubs.

Watch the replay. He threw at Paulie no question. Watch the direction of the arm and the ball!

Samarj is a punk. He did the same thing vs. the Braves. He should be suspended.

And on Mark ... there's no way he'd have gone to the Marlins if he had ANY problems with Oz. Give me a break. He obviously likes pitching for Ozzie.

Look at his arm?!?! LMAO okay.

Yeah I see that the ball went towards his face. Have you ever thrown a baseball? Did it ever miss the target by a couple feet?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)

Ozzie Guillen was holding court with reporters when Mark Buehrle walked into the dugout before Monday night's game. He took a look at his manager, who was giving his side of an afternoon meeting with Jerry Reinsdorf, and reflexively spat out two words.

"Shut up," Buehrle said, to no one in particular

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-09...-logan-morrison

If you weren't a Jayhawks fan, I'd swear to god you and my brother were the same person.

s*** Happens...The whole Jason Heyward thing makes me wanna lean a little bit towards it was on purpose but we'll never know, either way I highly, highly doubt he was aiming for his face. He could have just been trying to brush him back, who knows. Sox sent a message without getting there pitcher tossed and possibly suspended, its over with. Lets sweep em and send them even further in the cellar

EDIT: excuse my language, didnt realize we had a censor here...

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:09 AM)
Look at his arm?!?! LMAO okay.

Yeah I see that the ball went towards his face. Have you ever thrown a baseball? Did it ever miss the target by a couple feet?

Why are you giving this Samarj the benefit of the doubt here? It's no coincidence Paulie hit a 2 run bomb off him off a blazing fastball and the next at bat he drilled him.

Samarj is damn lucky he's not suspended.

You can't hit a guy in the face with a pitch.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 19, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)
Seriously, enough with this stupid bias already. Get a clue.

Suspension, LMAO.

It's not bias. The evidence says he beaned him on purpose or at least fired it at his head. It's game one of the series and their bad ass pitcher needed to set the tone. Maybe he just wanted to drill him in the shoulder. he failed. Paulie got nailed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 19, 2012 -> 03:56 AM)
What evidence exactly? Because he hit a home run?

Badass pitcher setting a tone? Now I've heard it all. You're just making s*** up at this point.

No the evidence is he did the same thing against the Braves.

The situation (first game of the big series, setting the tone) also lends itself to thinking he thought it was a perfect spot to plunk Paulie. How many times does somebody on here post "the Sox need a fight or something to get them going?"