PK - back in action

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Was the LaHair pitch at his head? That'd be the only thing I'd complain about.

I got no problem throwing at a guy if the situation causes it. The Indians hit a Sox player after Buehrle plunked Hafner in the head once, no one thought it was on purpose, but a guy on the Sox was going to get hit and that's how things should happen. Just don't throw the purpose pitch where a slip could make it hit a person's head.

That's what I keep thinking about...is when Mark hit Hafner in the face with a curveball or whatever...I couldn't remember if they drilled one of our hitters or not, but had they, unless it was like 100 mph at the head, I would have sort of chalked that up to them having to protect their hitters.

Since then, it seems like we've hit Hafner a million times. I am always worried one time he is just going to say enough is enough and charge the mound and kill our pitcher, regardless of who that might be at the time.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 19, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
That's what I keep thinking about...is when Mark hit Hafner in the face with a curveball or whatever...I couldn't remember if they drilled one of our hitters or not, but had they, unless it was like 100 mph at the head, I would have sort of chalked that up to them having to protect their hitters.

Since then, it seems like we've hit Hafner a million times. I am always worried one time he is just going to say enough is enough and charge the mound and kill our pitcher, regardless of who that might be at the time.

Once the Sox got to 2 outs, nobody on the next inning, I think they plunked Dye in the back.

He then stole 2nd and came around to score.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Rogers had an article yesterday which basically said the 2 things Ventura changed right away was the free steals they used to give opponents and the enormous discrepancy in HBP. One thing he didn't mention was the Sox now actually do some 3-0 hitting now.

You don't have to hit the opponent to get them to stop hitting your guys. They just have to know that if they do hit your guys, someone is going to pay.

I loved how the Nationals handled the situation when Hamels drilled Harper. Came out and drilled Hamels right in the shin. Hamels accepted it, went down to first, and that was that.

I'd have either hit Samardjsjdjksjdksamd or Castro, the golden boy...throwing behind some placeholder doesn't really do it for me...but as I said earlier, Castro is getting drilled in one of the next 5 games if I am the manager.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Mike Huff played the game and he said on the radio this morning that he has no doubt that Samardzija hit him on purpose and said the splitter was used because it is a less lethal way to achieve the desired result.

Finally the voice of reason.

I am so f***ing mad about Paulie's eye being closed and out a week. You wait, it will be a full week at least.

This is outrageous. That f***ing bum Cub hit him on purpose. No question about it.

Did he "mean" to hit him in the face? Probably not. At the time in the heat of the moment, who knows? He probably wanted to drill him in the shoulder.

The media has blown this. They should be protecting one of the top three players arguably in White Sox history.

THIS IS INSANE!

I want revenge. Not in the face, but I want both our starters to drill cubs in the first inning.

Get the long men ready, baby!! You don't mess with Paul Konerko. Hopefully Hawk will be on it the entire game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)

I am so f***ing mad about Paulie's eye being closed and out a week. You wait, it will be a full week at least.

This is outrageous. That f***ing bum Cub hit him on purpose. No question about it.

Did he "mean" to hit him in the face? Probably not. At the time in the heat of the moment, who knows? He probably wanted to drill him in the shoulder.

The media has blown this. They should be protecting one of the top three players arguably in White Sox history.

THIS IS INSANE!

I want revenge. Not in the face, but I want both our starters to drill cubs in the first inning.

Get the long men ready, baby!!

How dare you talk about the White Sox this weekend...it's Kerry Wood Weekend!

However, you don't get your starting pitcher tossed and drain your bullpen by getting ejected.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)

THIS IS INSANE!

Get the long men ready, baby!! You don't mess with Paul Konerko. Hopefully Hawk will be on it the entire game.

Greg! Settle down, buddy! Have a beer and relax!

He's throwing a splitter not to fool anyone, but because it was 2-2 and that's a K pitch. You're also not throwing at a guy with 2-2 count when you are that close to retiring him.

Nor are you brushing a guy back that deep into the count and push it full.

It doesn't add up.

THIS IS INSANE!

LOL I love you.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Rogers had an article yesterday which basically said the 2 things Ventura changed right away was the free steals they used to give opponents and the enormous discrepancy in HBP. One thing he didn't mention was the Sox now actually do some 3-0 hitting now.

You don't have to hit the opponent to get them to stop hitting your guys. They just have to know that if they do hit your guys, someone is going to pay.

I really like Ventura and it dissapoints me that we were stuck with Ozzie who gave more about what was going on in the stands than what was going on in the field (especially from an attention to detail standpoint).

THIS IS INSANE!

I think at this point you just remind me of a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2012 -> 01:26 AM)
I really like Ventura and it dissapoints me that we were stuck with Ozzie who gave more about what was going on in the stands than what was going on in the field (especially from an attention to detail standpoint).

Stuck with Ozzie?

LOL.

Do you guys realize how hard it is to win a WS when you are a baseball team in history-deprived Chicago? He deserves everlasting love from our fans IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Stuck with Ozzie?

LOL.

Do you guys realize how hard it is to win a WS when you are a baseball team in history-deprived Chicago? He deserves everlasting love from our fans IMO.

Greg, I suggest you go to amazon.com and start quoting from the new Morrissey book on "Ozzie's School of Management."

It will give you insights into why he stuck with Dunn and Pierre all season, why he thought it was insulting to play Omar Vizquel in blowout games (either way), why he soured on Nick Swisher and why he likes to curse so much.

They have the first 10 pages or so of the book there.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
How dare you talk about the White Sox this weekend...it's Kerry Wood Weekend!

However, you don't get your starting pitcher tossed and drain your bullpen by getting ejected.

I agree totally. The win is more important.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Greg, I suggest you go to amazon.com and start quoting from the new Morrissey book on "Ozzie's School of Management."

It will give you insights into why he stuck with Dunn and Pierre all season, why he thought it was insulting to play Omar Vizquel in blowout games (either way), why he soured on Nick Swisher and why he likes to curse so much.

Why did I not know that this existed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)

Why did I not know that this existed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 20, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
This injury has been a mini blessing in disguise as it's keeping Tank hot.

Yep. And Paulie is always hot, so it's not like it matters to him when he's in the lineup.

We're going to have to get creative in future NL games when all three are healthy and hot.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 20, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Yep. And Paulie is always hot, so it's not like it matters to him when he's in the lineup.

We're going to have to get creative in future NL games when all three are healthy and hot.

Thankfully that's not often.