PK - back in action

southsider2k5

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12643100-41...with-pitch.html

This is all such bulls***. I wish Samarj would take a lie detector test. He hit Konerko on purpose. Cmon. He just sounds like a guy trying to get away with it.

Greg...c'mon, buddy. The only thing you have going for you is the Heyward thing and that's very circumstantial. Nobody in baseball or out agrees with you, except the most meatbally of meatballs that call Ranger. Even Jake f***ing Peavy (different from JFP) said he didn't think it was intentional and decided not to bean anyone. If he's the calm, rational one, you are on the wrong side of the issue, my friend.

It was not the pitch you throw when you want to hit someone (why would you throw a pitch with movement if you want to be sure it hits someone?), it was not the situation in which you'd hit someone, and nobody aims for the head, even the so-called "headhunters" you mentioned.

A lie detector test? Really? It seems like trolling at this point, but I'm biting because I somehow think you truly believe these things.

Nobody in baseball or out agrees with you, except the most meatbally of meatballs that call Ranger.

"So you are saying there's a chance I'm right? ..."

Cue the movie Dumb and Dumber please.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12643100-41...with-pitch.html

This is all such bulls***. I wish Samarj would take a lie detector test. He hit Konerko on purpose. Cmon. He just sounds like a guy trying to get away with it.

No, he didn't. You're beyond baseball clueless.

WHY THE f*** DIDN'T WE THROW AT EVERYONE TODAY, SHOULD HAVE GOT PEAVY OUT EARLY WE DIDN'T NEED TO WIN THE GAME, STAND UP FOR THE ORGANIZATION!!!

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 21, 2012 -> 05:42 AM)
No, he didn't. You're beyond baseball clueless.

WHY THE f*** DIDN'T WE THROW AT EVERYONE TODAY, SHOULD HAVE GOT PEAVY OUT EARLY WE DIDN'T NEED TO WIN THE GAME, STAND UP FOR THE ORGANIZATION!!!

Peavy fired one up tight on one Cub early. I thought he'd plunk one but frankly the Sox did such a nice job this weekend it probably would have been overkill in drilling a Cub today. Although I did want to see somebody pay for a senseless attack on Paulie. I agreed fully with the Sun Times article quoting Peavy. YOU DO NOT hit a legend in the face with a pitch.

I kind of was hoping Peavy would have made something up to the media, like he dedicated the win to Paulie. Samarj did the right thing and was contrite in interviews but I wish the Sox would have blasted him publicly even more. Though what Peavy said was pretty good.

Edited by greg775

I don't believe he threw at Paulie on purpose. There's just too much evidence to the contrary. It wasn't a fastball or anything without movement, it hit him in the face, and too many people agree that it wasn't on purpose. If you're gonna plunk a guy, you don't hit him in the head. That's way too dangerous. If Jake "I'm Always Angry" Peavy doesn't believe it was on purpose, it's easy for me to believe so, as well.

The Sox did the better thaing by just beating the crap out of the Cubs over the last two games.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2012 -> 01:33 AM)
Peavy fired one up tight on one Cub early. I thought he'd plunk one but frankly the Sox did such a nice job this weekend it probably would have been overkill in drilling a Cub today. Although I did want to see somebody pay for a senseless attack on Paulie. I agreed fully with the Sun Times article quoting Peavy. YOU DO NOT hit a legend in the face with a pitch.

I kind of was hoping Peavy would have made something up to the media, like he dedicated the win to Paulie. Samarj did the right thing and was contrite in interviews but I wish the Sox would have blasted him publicly even more. Though what Peavy said was pretty good.

Wha? The guy is out a few games, not a terminal cancer patient.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2012 -> 06:50 AM)
Wha? The guy is out a few games, not a terminal cancer patient.

Maybe they should have had a moment of silence before the game. But that would have taken way from Kerry Wood weekend.

So, are they going to do another commercial with Paulie getting hit in the face? Since he didn't stay in the game, they could center the commercial around how much of a gentleman he is by not blaming the pitcher.

"Paul Konerko truly appreciates the game"

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 21, 2012 -> 07:32 AM)
So, are they going to do another commercial with Paulie getting hit in the face? Since he didn't stay in the game, they could center the commercial around how much of a gentleman he is by not blaming the pitcher.

"Paul Konerko truly appreciates the game"

Hah, I was thinking of that commercial too...He should have come out with an eye patch...but then someone might have wanted to see how tough he was and we wouldn't want him to end up in a roadside ditch...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2012 -> 08:57 AM)
Would he have used one of the crutches as a bat?

That would be awesome. He could then dramatically flip the crutch end over end after he cranked one over the bleachers.

"Konerko Cripples Cubs"