Post game - Todd Hollandsworth

59th street

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
Are you satisfied with what was done today?

One purpose pitch thrown way way behind LaFair or whatever his name is?

What actually was done? I would have enjoyed hearing Ozzie rant about the p**** Cubs throwing at and hitting in the face one of the best players in Chicago baseball history.

You need a new TV or something. The pitch was right at him, and narrowly missed him as he moved towards the plate.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Don't know if this was commented on, but Smardjia hit Heyward the next time up after he homered earlier this year. Make of that what you will.

That one was intentional, for sure. First pitch fastball and the catcher didn't even move.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Caught the tail end of Hollandsworth on CTL ripping Peavy pretty good. If anyone else heard it what was his point?

It was basically them saying that Peavy better not go into sunday ready to bean people after what happened.

QUOTE (59th street @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Robin with the best post game "poker face" answer ever.

cub apologist p. rogers wanted to know if Humber intended to retaliate and throw at la hair; Robin said NO and stared him down for about 20 seconds. It was fantastic!

And that's how to handle it. Ozzie never learned how to handle these situations.

f*** them. Whether it was intentional or not, its time the opposition quits taking liberties with White Sox hitters. The past several years have seen way more Sox get hit than opponents. Obviously, Quentin and Pierre account for a good portion of it, but if Jake wants to plunk someone, he should do it. If the opposing pitcher knows he or one of his teammates is going to pay when he hits someone even it its just an accident, advantage White Sox.

Maybe it seems like a who has a bigger cock type of excercise, but Paulie has to stop getting hit in the face, and the easiest way to stop it is to hit some opponents.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:16 AM)
It was basically them saying that Peavy better not go into sunday ready to bean people after what happened.

Peavy is a stud. He will hit a Cub and probably get ejected immediately, but it will be the right thing to do.

Peavy will take it into his own hands, no matter what Robin says to him. I doubt Robin will even address it but you can bet Jake will drill a Cub.

I wonder who the long man will be on Sunday.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Peavy is a stud. He will hit a Cub and probably get ejected immediately, but it will be the right thing to do.

Peavy will take it into his own hands, no matter what Robin says to him. I doubt Robin will even address it but you can bet Jake will drill a Cub.

Yes, let's concede a game by throwing at a guy in the first inning. Go win a baseball game, there's a concept.

Meatball at its finest right here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)

This is really the definition of horrible strategy and a teammate that doesn't have winning as his number one priority.

I'm pretty sure Jake won't do that, though, so I am not too worried. This issue is dead.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
This is really the definition of horrible strategy and a teammate that doesn't have winning as his number one priority.

I'm pretty sure Jake won't do that, though, so I am not too worried. This issue is dead.

Maybe Paulie will tell Peavy he doesn't need to drill a Cub, but I would suspect he'll want to stand up for the face of the White Sox franchise.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Maybe Paulie will tell Peavy he doesn't need to drill a Cub, but I would suspect he'll want to stand up for the face of the White Sox franchise.

What does hitting the leadoff hitter accomplish?

Again, winning a baseball game, that's the goal last time I checked.

"OMG Peavy didn't drill our first guy, let's hit everyone today! White Sox organization is a joke!"

They already did it today, the response was there. It's over.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
What does hitting the leadoff hitter accomplish?

Again, winning a baseball game, that's the goal last time I checked.

"OMG Peavy didn't drill our first guy, let's hit everyone today! White Sox organization is a joke!"

They already did it today, the response was there. It's over.

And they won the game. Do they do that with Zach Stewart pitching 4 innings? I don't think so.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)

So if Danks goes out and pitches a solid game tomorrow and the game is well played on both sides, no issues between the teams whatsoever, you think it is a good idea to have Peavy go out and drill someone?

That's really solid right there greg

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:35 PM)
f*** them. Whether it was intentional or not, its time the opposition quits taking liberties with White Sox hitters. The past several years have seen way more Sox get hit than opponents. Obviously, Quentin and Pierre account for a good portion of it, but if Jake wants to plunk someone, he should do it. If the opposing pitcher knows he or one of his teammates is going to pay when he hits someone even it its just an accident, advantage White Sox.

Maybe it seems like a who has a bigger cock type of excercise, but Paulie has to stop getting hit in the face, and the easiest way to stop it is to hit some opponents.

I agree with DickAllen here. He said it perfectly. He is da man. this is how I feel about the situation.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Don't know if this was commented on, but Smardjia hit Heyward the next time up after he homered earlier this year. Make of that what you will.

Actually, I checked the box score, it wasn't the next time Heyward came up. He hit a homer in the 2nd, grounded out on 4 pitches in the 4th, then got hit with the first pitch in the 7th. No idea what type of pitch it was or how it looked.

Hollandsworth was replaced by Dave Otto on the postgame Sunday. Suspended perhaps? I hope it's the result of Chairman Reinsdorf making a call after seeing Hollandsworth ridiculous rant about Peavy on Chicago Tribune Live Friday. He needs to stay out of White Sox business.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
Actually, I checked the box score, it wasn't the next time Heyward came up. He hit a homer in the 2nd, grounded out on 4 pitches in the 4th, then got hit with the first pitch in the 7th. No idea what type of pitch it was or how it looked.

First pitch fastball hit him in the back.

The catcher set up outside, never moved to try and catch it. Clearly meant to hit him in that case. The catcher always gives it away.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 21, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
I thought he got some time off last year for saying something overly negative about the Cubs?

I have no idea, I dont pay attention to their little dramz. I just dont think JR is going to call and get Hollandsworth suspended because of what he said. Kaplan was just as if not more critical and I dont think he is going to get any time off

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
HOLY SH*T MOVE ON

Dude, Pete Rose won world serieses and rode parades and Cincinatti should be forever grateful who cares that he bet on the team duh