5/19 Games

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Hernandez with another very good start.

On quite the roll now.

Lack of Ks though. He's probably just a reliever so getting worked up about stats is somewhat pointless. Maybe his K rate goes up as a reliever.

Hernandez with another very good start.

On quite the roll now.

Mitchell was finally moved up to the 5th spot in the Barons line-up, 0/3 with a K.

I still have some hope Mitchell will put together a decent year and move up to AAA by late July or early August. That's just me though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell put up much better numbers in Charlotte.

But they'll keep him there in Birmingham at least through the Southern League All-Star game.

That's when most teams usually move their prospects, along with the influx/organizational shifting from the June draft.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
I have no idea who Terrence Marin is, but he is having a nice season out of the pen.

He is another free agent, non-drafted, signing. I don't have any stats to back this up, but it sure seems as if Sox have a lot of free agent signings in the lower minors.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 20, 2012 -> 02:05 AM)
Lack of Ks though. He's probably just a reliever so getting worked up about stats is somewhat pointless. Maybe his K rate goes up as a reliever.

has anyone seen him pitch? I envision him as the sort of junkballing lefty who would kill the Sox.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 20, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
He is another free agent, non-drafted, signing. I don't have any stats to back this up, but it sure seems as if Sox have a lot of free agent signings in the lower minors.

There is an AAP thread on him now.

More interesting to me, is that they pitched him 4 innings in one shot. Makes me wonder if they are working his innings up to be a starter.