THIS IS REAL

Ok so heres the deal, I'm SLIGHTLY intoxicated and I just finshed watching some dubbya dubbya E wrestling so I'm all hyped up.

What none of know about me as you look past my posts of truths and sweep them under the rug like its nonsense is I am a former student of current WWE World Heavyweight Champ CM Punk (Along with Sexy Ace Steele and Colt Boom Boom Cabana) and as some of you guys may know they are some of the best in the world when it comes to shooting on an interview so Ive learned for the best.

Ive had it up to here with you nay sayers and those of you that expect nothing of this team, this team that is our team, this team that we are here to root for not to constantly put down and give up on.

I'm here to guide you all back to fandom and take down the nay sayers of the board one rebuttal at a time.

Those of still out there that dont believe are blind, blind to the fact that this team previously stuck around .500 without a 2 hole hitter, THE Golden Boy on the south side of chicago Gordon "I'm no longer messing around" Beckham.

You see this team also got nothing...NOTHING... out of a guy whos gonna show you that he most certainly IS worth that wait in The Tank Dayan "Chulo Baro" Viciedo.

This ".500 team" just added an IMPACT middle of the lineup bat, and filled the black hole in the #2 spot of the lineup that they previously had in that .500 team. You see guys when a .500 team adds what very well could be a good #2 hitter and an impact middle of the order bat that team is no longer a .500 team. Dayan Viciedo is what Manny Ramirez was supposed to be, Gordon Beckham is gonna be what Gordon Beckham is supposed to be.

If things go as planned the black hole that is Brent Morel will rid his ugly bat of this lineup and Orlando "The Spark Plug" Hudson will bring some sort of livelyhood, some sort of pulse to 9 hole. This man has 5 triples, which was good for the most in the NL, I'm not even sure Brent Morel has 5 hits this year.

Jake Peavy is an ace again, Chris sale will be a good number 2, Gavin Floyd will be a good number 3, John Danks will be a good number 4, and our number 5 through a no hitter and was an all star just last year. When I look at that I see a damn good starting rotation. I see a rotation thats in the top 6 in quality starts, batting average against, WHIP. I see a rotation thats number 1 in complete games. I see a rotation that we should be proud of.

The bullpen, well the bullpen if managed right, Robin, buddy I'm lookin at you brotha, this bullpen can be lights out! Robin, you have a deep enough bullpen to where you can use Will Ohman as strictly a LOOGY where he can be a key part of this pen. Everyone here is up in arms about how terrible Zach Stewart has been, first hes not, and second hes the first guy out of the pen, hes the mop up guy, hes the guy every team has that they can hide in the bullpen. Show me a team in baseball that doesnt have 1 guy in the pen that isnt a stud, you'll be hard pressed to do so. Matt Thornton and Jesse Crain have been consistently solid for the last 3 or 4 years, a rarity for a reliever who are mostly hit or miss from year to year. Hector Santiago outside his 2 blown saves has given up 2 runs in 13 innings. Nate Jones has been just about as rock solid has it gets. Those 2 are the future lefty righty set up men for one of the best young closers in the game Addison Reed.

This is a new team, this is a team you can cheer for. THIS IS A COMPETING TEAM.

THIS IS REAL. THIS IS WHITE SOX BASEBALL.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 21, 2012 -> 06:36 AM)
Ok so heres the deal, I'm SLIGHTLY intoxicated and I just finshed watching some dubbya dubbya E wrestling so I'm all hyped up.

What none of know about me as you look past my posts of truths and sweep them under the rug like its nonsense is I am a former student of current WWE World Heavyweight Champ CM Punk (Along with Sexy Ace Steele and Colt Boom Boom Cabana) and as some of you guys may know they are some of the best in the world when it comes to shooting on an interview so Ive learned for the best.

Ive had it up to here with you nay sayers and those of you that expect nothing of this team, this team that is our team, this team that we are here to root for not to constantly put down and give up on.

I'm here to guide you all back to fandom and take down the nay sayers of the board one rebuttal at a time.

Those of still out there that dont believe are blind, blind to the fact that this team previously stuck around .500 without a 2 hole hitter, THE Golden Boy on the south side of chicago Gordon "I'm no longer messing around" Beckham.

You see this team also got nothing...NOTHING... out of a guy whos gonna show you that he most certainly IS worth that wait in The Tank Dayan "Chulo Baro" Viciedo.

This ".500 team" just added an IMPACT middle of the lineup bat, and filled the black hole in the #2 spot of the lineup that they previously had in that .500 team. You see guys when a .500 team adds what very well could be a good #2 hitter and an impact middle of the order bat that team is no longer a .500 team. Dayan Viciedo is what Manny Ramirez was supposed to be, Gordon Beckham is gonna be what Gordon Beckham is supposed to be.

If things go as planned the black hole that is Brent Morel will rid his ugly bat of this lineup and Orlando "The Spark Plug" Hudson will bring some sort of livelyhood, some sort of pulse to 9 hole. This man has 5 triples, which was good for the most in the NL, I'm not even sure Brent Morel has 5 hits this year.

Jake Peavy is an ace again, Chris sale will be a good number 2, Gavin Floyd will be a good number 3, John Danks will be a good number 4, and our number 5 through a no hitter and was an all star just last year. When I look at that I see a damn good starting rotation. I see a rotation thats in the top 6 in quality starts, batting average against, WHIP. I see a rotation thats number 1 in complete games. I see a rotation that we should be proud of.

The bullpen, well the bullpen if managed right, Robin, buddy I'm lookin at you brotha, this bullpen can be lights out! Robin, you have a deep enough bullpen to where you can use Will Ohman as strictly a LOOGY where he can be a key part of this pen. Everyone here is up in arms about how terrible Zach Stewart has been, first hes not, and second hes the first guy out of the pen, hes the mop up guy, hes the guy every team has that they can hide in the bullpen. Show me a team in baseball that doesnt have 1 guy in the pen that isnt a stud, you'll be hard pressed to do so. Matt Thornton and Jesse Crain have been consistently solid for the last 3 or 4 years, a rarity for a reliever who are mostly hit or miss from year to year. Hector Santiago outside his 2 blown saves has given up 2 runs in 13 innings. Nate Jones has been just about as rock solid has it gets. Those 2 are the future lefty righty set up men for one of the best young closers in the game Addison Reed.

This is a new team, this is a team you can cheer for. THIS IS A COMPETING TEAM.

THIS IS REAL. THIS IS WHITE SOX BASEBALL.

Nice post, but this is what drives me crazy about the Sox.

It does look like the Sox have a contender on paper. But the home record (I know, it's beaten into the ground) and the bullpen wackiness - Crain was one bomb from being a total goat today with the 3 walks - makes me skeptical.

Also we won today with three home runs and good pitching, again, THE ONLY WINNING FORMULA for this team.

So if you could guarantee me we'd be hittting a ton of home runs in games in the Cell, which we don't and if we could get consistently good bullpen work (which frankly we haven't for 2 plus seasons now) I might believe.

Sorry if I'm a bad fan for not jumping on board.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
Nice post, but this is what drives me crazy about the Sox.

It does look like the Sox have a contender on paper. But the home record (I know, it's beaten into the ground) and the bullpen wackiness - Crain was one bomb from being a total goat today with the 3 walks - makes me skeptical.

Also we won today with three home runs and good pitching, again, THE ONLY WINNING FORMULA for this team.

So if you could guarantee me we'd be hittting a ton of home runs in games in the Cell, which we don't and if we could get consistently good bullpen work (which frankly we haven't for 2 plus seasons now) I might believe.

Sorry if I'm a bad fan for not jumping on board.

Its all in the post man.

The soon to be 3-4-5 of Dunn-Paul-Dayan just might hit 100 HR between the 3.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 21, 2012 -> 07:50 AM)
Its all in the post man.

The soon to be 3-4-5 of Dunn-Paul-Dayan just might hit 100 HR between the 3.

Hope so, but Sox have turned me into a "bad fan" for the time being at least.

They have to prove it to me. Maybe if and when they are 5 over .500 at home I'll start to think we have a chance. Til then, I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
Orlando Hudson is apparently an impact, middle of the order bat. ah, he meant Dayan.... amazing how a good week makes him a cant miss.....

12 hits, 4 HR and 10 rbi is usually good enough for AL player of the week, not just "a good week".

Edited by MAX

First and foremost, sorry. LOL I dont drink much anymore and me and a couple buddies polished off a case of beer and I was sippin on a tall glass of rum and coke when I was typin all this. I felt like goin all wrestling promo on your asses lol if you guys read it like I was saying it in my head I think you woulda been highly entertained. If read normal I probably came off as a dumbass.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 21, 2012 -> 03:55 AM)
Are the sox like CM Punk?

BEST IN THE WORLD

With the Texas Rangers of the World sadly no, not quite. Drunk or not I will say this I stand by my points and believe this team will compete for at the very least one of the wild card spots with a serious chance at the division.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
No, they play a real sport. They don't take part in a homoerotic choreographed routine.

This homoerotic choreographed routine is making these guys millions of dollars so you can hate all you want lol...and no im not trying to argue that it is a sport, its entertainment....What are youre thoughts on MMA and Olympic Wrestling??

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Orlando Hudson is apparently an impact, middle of the order bat. ah, he meant Dayan.... amazing how a good week makes him a cant miss.....

Yes I meant Dayan. Its amazing how a slow start, from a slow starter makes him not good all of a sudden. This is a guy we all expected to match the output of one Carlos Quentin without the injury risk. Unless he goes back to the .200 hitter he was before this hot streak I will stand by this thinking and predict 30+ bombs with 80+ RBI.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 21, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Yes I meant Dayan. Its amazing how a slow start, from a slow starter makes him not good all of a sudden. This is a guy we all expected to match the output of one Carlos Quentin without the injury risk. Unless he goes back to the .200 hitter he was before this hot streak I will stand by this thinking and predict 30+ bombs with 80+ RBI.

so you're conceding that's possible? because, you know, it is.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
so you're conceding that's possible? because, you know, it is.

Of course it is, its also possible Brent Morel can show those September numbers again and Adam Dunn can go back to being the worst hitter in baseball. Anythings possible in the game of baseball. Until it happens I'm gonna stick with my opinion that hes a slow starter and he will be an impact middle of the order bat the rest of the way. With that if you add a middle of the lineup hitter to a .500 team that team is usually no longer a .500 team.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 21, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Of course it is, its also possible Brent Morel can show those September numbers again and Adam Dunn can go back to being the worst hitter in baseball. Anythings possible in the game of baseball. Until it happens I'm gonna stick with my opinion that hes a slow starter and he will be an impact middle of the order bat the rest of the way. With that if you add a middle of the lineup hitter to a .500 team that team is usually no longer a .500 team.

very true, but AJP ain't gonna keep up his .850 OPS and Paulie's gonna come back to earth as well. There's regression on both sides of the coin. What you gain with Viciedo you lose from those guys.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
very true, but AJP ain't gonna keep up his .850 OPS and Paulie's gonna come back to earth as well. There's regression on both sides of the coin. What you gain with Viciedo you lose from those guys.

And counterbalance with more production out of Alexei, Hudson/3B and Beckham.

Theoretically.

Never seen the movie but that sure does look like me from a few years ago

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/6...1_1358992_n.jpg

I'm in the Green....This was 3 years ago, Ive since played a few years of rugby and am 60lbs smaller

"Stephen Furst as Kent "Flounder" Dorfman: An overweight, clumsy legacy pledge, later a sensitivity trainer in Cleveland."

So since you didnt previously know I was overweight why am I earning the nickname of this guy.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787