Sox vs Twins 5/22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
My point is Gavin Floyd's 180 IP of 4.25 ERA baseball is probably not going to win us anything while he remains under contract with us.

Other teams could use those innings, however, and will likely trade us 1-2 decent prospects for him, while providing some salary relief.

Meanwhile, you let Stewart start and see what he does...the chances of it having any kind of negative impact this season or next are probably not terribly significant.

Then you're not sitting here wondering going into next year or 2014 what you have with him.

If teams didn't want to trade significant prospects for him prior to the year, why would they want him now? I think Gavin is underrated on here, and don't want him dealt unless you can get something of significance back.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
If teams didn't want to trade significant prospects for him prior to the year, why would they want him now? I think Gavin is underrated on here, and don't want him dealt unless you can get something of significance back.

I won't deal Gavin until we get something nice in return. Certainly not going to deal him when we're within a series of first place.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)

We don't know that...I think Kenny swings for the fences with his significant pieces until he knows he has really no other viable option other than to move them.

I think if we wait a month or 6 weeks, we can probably move him to a contender for something of value..

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I won't deal Gavin until we get something nice in return. Certainly not going to deal him when we're within a series of first place.

This is something that has really cost us in previous years...with most players I am firmly with you on this...but on Gavin...I think his time has come...he's just not ever taken the next step, will most likely not ever take the next step, and I'd rather get something for him while he's 50 starts away from FA than get less when he's only 18-34 starts away.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
How about the time you accused people that appreciate Hawk of being cavemen, Stevotown?

I did no such thing. Many posters were complaining about women having equal opportunity. I pointed it out. If you think that makes them cavemen, then that's your assumption.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
I did no such thing. Many posters were complaining about women having equal opportunity. I pointed it out. If you think that makes them cavemen, then that's your assumption.

See the thread in question.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)

That's pretty well played

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
That's pretty well played

Except for what he actually stated was this:

Why am I not surprised that the "Keep Hawk" demographic is aligning with the "no women on my sports network" demographic.

O-Dawg with a hit shoulda started him from the get go.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
That error was on a fly ball hit 398 feet to dead center. The double by Davis then hit the top of the left field fence.

An outs an out no matter how far it hit, if that ball was caught the Weiters granny doesnt happen and they just score 2 gift runs.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:22 AM)

He is underrated IMO also. He has pitched some great games but as usual he has a bad one and the calls for him to be traded pop up. You hear that about other Sox players also. Apparently you are only as good as your last good effort

I didn't realize it was a throwback game.... What the f*** Gavin?

Worst f***ing team in baseball and they score 2 runs on a CG from a nobody... Old School.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
He is underrated IMO also. He has pitched some great games but as usual he has a bad one and the calls for him to be traded pop up. You hear that about other Sox players also. Apparently you are only as good as your last good effort

One start?

Hmm

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
Tonight's a night that makes me glad I no longer buy tickets to every home game.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 23, 2012 -> 02:48 AM)
We got ourselves a few winners, the way it was typed should have showed that....like I told greg (to which he never replied after being so adamant in his case that he is garbage) outside of his game against the cubs hes given up just 3 earned runs in 16+ innings. Thats pretty damn good for the first guy out of the pen.

1.) Sounds like a lot of fans are sick of getting burned by the Sox play at home the past couple seasons -- way too many horrific games that could not be fun to attend. Those awful shutout losses and games like tonight snowball in the minds of the consumer. How much does it cost to park again, Jerry? People aren't f***ing stupid. Unless the team starts playing reasonably well (a few games over .500 too much to ask?) nobody will go buy a five dollar hotdog (how much are dogs these days anyway; i estimated?) Minor league baseball, baby. Cheaper prices, beer just as good.

2.) I had a comment to you that the games I saw on mlb.com Zach sucked. But I backed off when several posters pointed out he's been good.

Truly horrible game tonight, typical of the Sox overall play in the Cell. Sox and KC both can't win at home.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 22, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
2.) I had a comment to you that the games I saw on mlb.com Zach sucked. But I backed off when several posters pointed out he's been good.

Respect meter goes back up a notch, I was fully expecting you to continue to defend your thoughts and I'm glad you didnt.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)

Is there a player on the sox you don't think is underrated?

Anyways, this is Gavin Floyd, streaky as all hell, I'm sure in a couple of months, he'll have a 6 week stretch where he's one of the 2-3 best starters in baseball.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 23, 2012 -> 04:40 AM)

Anyways, this is Gavin Floyd, streaky as all hell, I'm sure in a couple of months, he'll have a 6 week stretch where he's one of the 2-3 best starters in baseball.

ELrockin is like Will Rogers.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 22, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)

I'd just really enjoy trading him during one of those random stretches of sheer dominance.