Sox vs Twins 5/22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You have to throw to more than one spot. Hip high and outside is not the place.

2. Where the f*** is your curveball? It's horses*** that he is willing to lose with that piece of s*** cutter

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
Well, this was a disappointing game. Gavin still has no idea how to pitch from the stretch. Yesterday's off day came at a terrible time.

At least it only counts as 1

QUOTE (Jake @ May 23, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
1. You have to throw to more than one spot. Hip high and outside is not the place.

2. Where the f*** is your curveball? It's horses*** that he is willing to lose with that piece of s*** cutter

Couldn't agree more with your 2nd point. His curve is far and away his best pitch, but seems like he doesn't throw it nearly enough.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
Tonight's a night that makes me glad I no longer buy tickets to every home game.

I'm not sure there weren't more Sox fans at the Cell on Sunday than there are at the game tonight. It really amazes me how much our attendance sucks this year.

Well, so much for the "good" Floyd run of starts.

It was nice while it lasted.

Might as well put O-Dog out there ASAP to start getting him adjusted to the 3B experiment.

I'll let Greg follow up with his comments about our home record and how we can't win the Central if we don't beat the WORST team in our own division at home consistently...

Edited by caulfield12

Pitch selection was absolutely awful tonight. Why the hell would you throw Willingham three consecutive sliders down and low when he was never going to swing at them? Floyd didn't have it tonight (for the most part, he looked good for an inning), but his lack of command wasn't the only thing that made him this bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
I'm not sure there weren't more Sox fans at the Cell on Sunday than there are at the game tonight. It really amazes me how much our attendance sucks this year.

I was there Sunday and while the park was pretty full, the area was dead. There was no traffic. The bars were dead, Clark Street seemed like a regular non game Sunday. It was really weird, but kind of nice.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)

They showed the Cubs/Sox game at USCF?

Hmmm...

Yeah, it's also equally amazing how much our Twins' rivalry has dissipated into nothingness. Used to get so excited for these games, yet in the back of your mind there was the creeping doubt lingering about how they would manage to blow the game THIS time.

The Twins were like the bogeyman (or Candyman) of the last decade. It has changed with two teams who might not be contending, Gardenhire probably on the way out, Mauer/Morneau nothing like they were as offensive forces from 2006-2009, no Santana, a ghost of Liriano, etc. Maybe having Nathan, Cuddyer and Kubel gone...following Hunter, that line-up is pretty much similar to a AAA one.

Yet they're beating our brains in tonight.