DUI troubles in Las Vegas

greg775

One of the reasons I live in the city is so that there is absolutely no temptation to ever drink and drive.

I go out by L and come home by cab. $40 a week in cab/transportation for nights out = $200 a year or $20,000 for 100 years. Seems like a bargain to me when you consider how much money youd have to pay for 1 DUI (counting fees, fines, insurance premium increase, loss of reputation).

One of the dumbest things you can do.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
One of the reasons I live in the city is so that there is absolutely no temptation to ever drink and drive.

I go out by L and come home by cab. $40 a week in cab/transportation for nights out = $200 a year or $20,000 for 100 years. Seems like a bargain to me when you consider how much money youd have to pay for 1 DUI (counting fees, fines, insurance premium increase, loss of reputation).

I feel bad for folks that dont have this option. Cabs have saved me many times even when I drove somewhere. Its just not worth it to drive.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)

Yet so many celebrities who can easily afford cabs/limos consistently get DUIs. Jenna Jameson being the newest member of the club.

P.S. I think your math is off, there are more than 5 weeks in a year. :P

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 25, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Yet so many celebrities who can easily afford cabs/limos consistently get DUIs. Jenna Jameson being the newest member of the club.

P.S. I think your math is off, there are more than 5 weeks in a year. :P

haha youre right I missed a decimal point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
I feel bad for folks that dont have this option. Cabs have saved me many times even when I drove somewhere. Its just not worth it to drive.

Yeah, when I lived in the City I stumbled home drunk many a time...just the option to walk is by far simple enough for me to eschew the car...

It's when you live in the burbs or the rest of your buddies live on the other side of town that this is a pain in the ass...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
Sister lakes in SW mich. Spent the night in Paw Paw county jail

Which lake? My family has a summer cottage on Little Twin that I pretty much grew up at during my childhood summers. Lots of southsiders weekend and summer on that lake, and over the last 30 years or so members of my extended family have snatched up houses all around the Lake. Holiday weekends like this one are a huge family blowout and I really miss that.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Which lake? My family has a summer cottage on Little Twin that I pretty much grew up at during my childhood summers. Lots of southsiders weekend and summer on that lake, and over the last 30 years or so members of my extended family have snatched up houses all around the Lake. Holiday weekends like this one are a huge family blowout and I really miss that.

I believe RR is on Big Crooked.

I go up to Little Crooked, have been for years.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Tell him to stop drinking and driving.

3? Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

I'm no lawyer so I can't answer the above. I would think he's pretty screwed (depending on the circumstances and assuming he was over the legal limit). 3 is a huge problem, usually at that point, you need a lawyer because you are facing potential jail time and you are facing a potential long period of time without being able to operate a vehicle.

At this point, the individual clearly isn't responsible. I'm sure he's spent a lot of money on his 1st two already (isn't the average DUI something like 6-10K between court fees, fines, penalties, and increased insurance costs). That is a heck of a lot of cabs. At this point, whenever he can drive again, he should get a breathalizer and blow it before he gets into a vehicle (that is if the court doesn't require him to have one of those things jerry rigged to his car that requires you blow into it before driving).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 29, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
I believe RR is on Big Crooked.

I go up to Little Crooked, have been for years.

Good memory that is correct. Tons of southside folks up there, but now its changing and people are putting multimillion dollar houses in the place where tiny cottages were before.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Good memory that is correct. Tons of southside folks up there, but now its changing and people are putting multimillion dollar houses in the place where tiny cottages were before.

Which means the area will slowly begin to get boring over the years.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
Which means the area will slowly begin to get boring over the years.

Theres not a ton of retail or restaurants so I was hoping that would improve a bit, or start to grow a town. But the downside is the kids around there arent quite doing what we did which was band together, spend your days and nights outside and have some real summer friends. I see kids inside or sometimes out on the boat for a short period of time. There is something to be said about family bonding in a small cottage in the summer with no technology.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
Theres not a ton of retail or restaurants so I was hoping that would improve a bit, or start to grow a town. But the downside is the kids around there arent quite doing what we did which was band together, spend your days and nights outside and have some real summer friends. I see kids inside or sometimes out on the boat for a short period of time. There is something to be said about family bonding in a small cottage in the summer with no technology.

I already witness this with the people I go up there to see...everyone used to be out in the water playing, etc...these days they're in the house playing No-Friend-O Wii.

Most of this next generation is setting themselves up to be the most anti-social people of all time.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
I already witness this with the people I go up there to see...everyone used to be out in the water playing, etc...these days they're in the house playing No-Friend-O Wii.

Most of this next generation is setting themselves up to be the most anti-social people of all time.

As you probably know there is basically zero cell service up there especially with Verizon, and this is a freaking blessing. I LOVE not having service. But now, new cell tower going up, everyone has wireless internet and even my boat has Sirius radio. Its crazy.

We would always have our N64 at our cottage, and then added an original xbox to the mix. We would never play during the day unless waiting for the shower after coming from the beach. We'd spend all day playing sports, on the beach, etc then come home to eat dinner, then would go back on the beach til it got dark out. Then we'd drink beers we snuck into the cottage and play video games at night, sometimes we'd go down to the beach at 3 or 4am.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)

Then these kids don't know what they are missing.

Summers during my teen years at the family owned resort at Lake Elizabeth and Lake Marie in Wisconsin entailed making some money at the resort pumping gas and chopping firewood and working the cash register for the owners as one of five or six guys who bunked there all summer, being with tons of girls who would come in and rent the cabins with their families, waterski during free hours, fish in the mornings, go to demolition derbys and fairs in the evenings with the girls we met ... drink the owners' beer ... make money and basically be delinquents! Kids today do not know what they are missing. Stay inside?? No way.