White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell which people don't follow anything but Chicago teams. These people:

1) thought there was no way Adam Dunn could hit HRs in 2012

2) thought Carlos Boozer couldn't get a decent FG% as a midrange guy over the course of a season. ever.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

That has to be the fastest to 8 homers and 30 RBI's in AJ's career.

Contract time.

Gomez had given up 2 homers coming in. 2 homers in 2 innings for Sox.

Jeff Manto Power. I'm pretty sure we never had a game last year where all 3 OF's hit home runs in the same game.

Edited by caulfield12

I am not a Kenny hater, but I have to say this-- the unwillingness to sell high on AJP right now (as far as trades) characterize Kenny as a GM.

He's "Trader Ken" with guys who don't matter in the present, but when you have a real asset to move.....he becomes clench-fisted

EDIT: Not to say he should've traded him already, but just knowing he won't. Flowers being there should matter, but I fear it doesn't.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 25, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
I am not a Kenny hater, but I have to say this-- the unwillingness to sell high on AJP right now (as far as trades) characterize Kenny as a GM.

He's "Trader Ken" with guys who don't matter in the present, but when you have a real asset to move.....he becomes clench-fisted

what?

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 25, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)

I wouldn't trade 'Zynski right now. We are in the divisional and wild card race. AJ calls a great game, blocks pitches well, and hits well. I like that!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
That was great work by Viciedo to get on top of that high and inside pitch. That's been his weak spot before too.

Yep. He has to be able to cover that, it's been his weak spot all year and the place where they started getting him out in his previous MLB stints as well.

The next step is laying off those pitches early in the count. Did a good job with 2 strikes there.

Is there a market for catching now?

Which contending team desperately needs one?

When's the last time a starting catcher with AJ's numbers on a team that was only 3 1/2 (possibly 2 1/2 after tonight) was traded in late May?

With his contract and the fact that he will cool off again soon...what are you realistically expecting to get?

And what kind of message is that going to send to the fans, to trade Peavy or AJ in May or June when we're still very much in it? It's one thing to get back legitimate major league ready talent for our players, but if the fans see us simply dumping more players due to "saving money," our attendance will end up worse than CLE.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Is there a market for catching now?

Which contending team desperately needs one?

When's the last time a starting catcher with AJ's numbers on a team that was only 3 1/2 (possibly 2 1/2 after tonight) was traded in late May?

With his contract and the fact that he will cool off again soon...what are you really expecting to get?

And what kind of message is that going to send to the fans, to trade Peavy or AJ in May or June when we're still very much in it?

AJ is also a 10/5 player.