White Sox vs Indians. 3:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 26, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
Look at the Sox attendance historically and they've never drawn in April/May when they weren't very good the season before. Unfortunately for them most of their choice home games are early in the season which is one of the reasons I'm sure they had such a drastic payroll cut. As far as attendance goes, this year is all about shoring up and growing the season ticket base some in what remains a very tough economic climate.

I think you're right about the previous year and its impact. Seems like the Sox suffer a heavier blow than most teams for a bad season. I think (hope?) the fact that the Cubs are the worst team in baseball, coupled with the Sox' better-than-projected start, will bring more fans out in the summer months. The key? The Sox must continue to give them a reason to come out. And let's face it, it doesn't hurt having names like Dunn and Peavy on the roster.

:gosoxretro:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 26, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I'll be there today! Wearing my Paulie jersey with pride and getting my Robin bobblehead!

Bring home a victory dadgumit, I'll be watching over here in the empire state...

:cheers:

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 26, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
I think you're right about the previous year and its impact. Seems like the Sox suffer a heavier blow than most teams for a bad season. I think (hope?) the fact that the Cubs are the worst team in baseball, coupled with the Sox' better-than-projected start, will bring more fans out in the summer months. The key? The Sox must continue to give them a reason to come out. And let's face it, it doesn't hurt having names like Dunn and Peavy on the roster.

:gosoxretro:

The problem for the Sox is that it was more than just "A bad season", it's compounding multiple years of disappointment, ending in 2 really, incredibly disappointing seasons, and big budget cuts/the kids can play rebuilding.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 26, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Bring home a victory dadgumit, I'll be watching over here in the empire state...

:cheers:

Right on! I'll be watching over here in the Evergreen state.... :gosox1:

:cheers

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 26, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Hey Balta, are we getting screwed again by Fox?

I think we're good today. Fox is running Saturday Night games right now. DirecTV has both our channel and Cleveland's channel listed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
I think we're good today. Fox is running Saturday Night games right now. DirecTV has both our channel and Cleveland's channel listed.

Excellent...thanks!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
The problem for the Sox is that it was more than just "A bad season", it's compounding multiple years of disappointment, ending in 2 really, incredibly disappointing seasons, and big budget cuts/the kids can play rebuilding.

Plus letting a guy like Mark go to another team. Public relations/ticket sales nightmare. At these prices who besides business owners can afford tickets n parking? The average southsider with wife n two kids cannot even consider attending more than a few games a season. The cost of a game for all four has to be staggering.

De Aza CF

Beckham 2B

Dunn DH

Konerko 1B

Rios RF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo LF

Ramirez SS

Hudson 3B.

Peavy

vs

RF Choo

CF Brantley

2b Jason Kipnis

DH Lopez

1B Kotchman

LF Damon

3B Hannahan

SS Diaz

C Marson

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Plus letting a guy like Mark go to another team. Public relations/ticket sales nightmare. At these prices who besides business owners can afford tickets n parking? The average southsider with wife n two kids cannot even consider attending more than a few games a season. The cost of a game for all four has to be staggering.

Stop it, players leave get over it...St. Louis is 3rd in the MLB in attendance and they got ride of Pujols...What was the attendance like after Frank Thomas left??....Its rare that players stick with one team for their whole career now a days.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 26, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
De Aza CF

Beckham 2B

Dunn DH

Konerko 1B

Rios RF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo LF

Ramirez SS

Hudson 3B.

Peavy

vs

RF Choo

CF Brantley

2b Jason Kipnis

DH Lopez

1B Kotchman

LF Damon

3B Hannahan

SS Diaz

C Marson

That Indians lineup is turrable!

QUOTE (Jake @ May 26, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
De Aza CF

Beckham 2B

Dunn DH

Konerko 1B

Rios RF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo LF

Ramirez SS

Hudson 3B.

Peavy

vs

RF Choo

CF Brantley

2b Jason Kipnis

DH Lopez

1B Kotchman

LF Damon

3B Hannahan

SS Diaz

C Marson

Jose Lopez hitting 4th...wow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)

Yep, that definitely compounded it. And on the flip side that's why this team's got to be a huge relief for the front office and all of those who work to put fans in the seats. At least they have something to sell.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

It's all because Ozzie isn't around to entertain the fans and media.