Paul Konerko All-Star Campaign

Quin

QUOTE (knightni @ May 27, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Hey look...

Someone needs to let p. rogers of the cubune know this.

In his Sunday column he is touting the fact that David Wright of the NY Mets has a chance to be hitting .400 entering June this year.

Guess phil isn't getting to the southside much!

GO GO WHITE SOX

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
that fat ass in detroit will get it. hope paul gets to go rest in that house in scottsdale...can't remember how big it is.

All Star game is a nice honor but personally I am more concerned about White Sox games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 07:34 AM)

Remember this prediction of regression? Granted, season is still young, but c'mon...we're talking PROgression in the way PK is absolutely working the ball to all fields in all counts. Like Peavy said, if it were him, he'd throw Paul 4 balls and give him 1st base.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Remember this prediction of regression? Granted, season is still young, but c'mon...we're talking PROgression in the way PK is absolutely working the ball to all fields in all counts. Like Peavy said, if it were him, he'd throw Paul 4 balls and give him 1st base.

Which is why Dunn needs to bat behind him.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

Here's the dominance that is Paul Konerko: If he somehow went hitless in his next 54 at-bats, his average slips percentage pts. below .300

If Konerko were to go 0-for-30, he would still be hitting .337. If Konerko were to go 15-for-30, he would be hitting .415

I would love to see this thread pinned. I might even send a note to Brooks Boyer asking that the Sox to really pump up the ASG marketing campaign for PK along with Dunn and AJ. All three clearly deserve the local vote at a very minimum. Maybe some goofy gimmick again with t-shirts and really get the broadcast booths talking about it. Would be a lot better than listening to golf and Yaz stories.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 28, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
What are these said numbers? I'm curious.

After 0-2 Konerko is hitting .355/.429/.903. Yes, a .903 SLG. That's a 1.331 OPS. He's got 5 HR in these situations to go along with a .286 BABIP. In other words, it's not exactly luck, Konerko's just that good.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
What are these said numbers? I'm curious.

Coutesy of Southside Sox on May24th

Here's the best way to put it: Counting Wednesday's stats, Konerko is batting .321 after falling behind 0-2.

That is nuts. If you want some context, the AL is hitting .164 in such situations. Hell, the league is slugging .251 after an 0-2 count.

Or, we can look at Josh Hamilton, who has Konerko beat in slugging and OPS, and is two points behind in batting average. When Hamilton falls behind 0-2, he's hitting .171 -- although his power is still well ahead of the curve with a .371 slugging percentage.

But what is Konerko slugging after he falls behind 0-2? .714!