Jeff "Mickey" DA MANto is freaking amazing

sunofgold

QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 27, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
DAng, MANto can fix 'em! Really same hitters as last year. Overall so much better. He can eventruth a .300 hitter into .400 hitter. Bravo, bravo!

I hate you for starting this thread...

/green???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 31, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
One thing Hawk pointed out that is true about this year that the White Sox seemed to struggle with in the past is to foul off good pitches as opposed to weakly putting them into play.

i was just thinking about Jordan Danks I know not too much written but it seems that if it was just for his fielding he'd be playing in the bigs but I've noticed his strikeout rate remains unchanged high while his average is creeping up. FUkodome has been used sparingly in the lineup. Unless some injury occurs I don't see his playing time increasing. I was just wondering if under Manto's tutelage Jordan could cut down on his strikeouts and add a little power to his swing. It is not like we have a lot invested in Fukodome and RObin doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in his bat. Would it be worth it to bring up Jordan to play in our outfield and perhaps give fukodome a chance to play on some other team;

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
i was just thinking about Jordan Danks I know not too much written but it seems that if it was just for his fielding he'd be playing in the bigs but I've noticed his strikeout rate remains unchanged high while his average is creeping up. FUkodome has been used sparingly in the lineup. Unless some injury occurs I don't see his playing time increasing. I was just wondering if under Manto's tutelage Jordan could cut down on his strikeouts and add a little power to his swing. It is not like we have a lot invested in Fukodome and RObin doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in his bat. Would it be worth it to bring up Jordan to play in our outfield and perhaps give fukodome a chance to play on some other team;
Don't forget, Manto was the White Sox minor league hitting instructor until last year, so Manto has probably had to deal with D2 already.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
This is a good name. Should also conjure up good recollections of Greg " the Bull" Luzinski. Remember him?

Which is kind of the point, that there's only ONE "Bull" or "zynski/zinski" in Sox Lore.

AJ is good enough. Everyone in baseball knows exactly who you're talking about.

You can always use Anthony John, Gator (for his UF fandom), Wrestling Persona, Card Shark or "the wiliest player in baseball/future Sox manager"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Which is kind of the point, that there's only ONE "Bull" or "zynski/zinski" in Sox Lore.

AJ is good enough. Everyone in baseball knows exactly who you're talking about.

You can always use Anthony John, Gator (for his UF fandom), Wrestling Persona, Card Shark or "the wiliest player in baseball/future Sox manager"

one zynski

one zinski

it is beautifully subtle and obvious at the same time.

some people know of aj burnett

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
Offense still solid. Da Sizzle has worked out well on the two spots. We also have to have guys 1-8 who can go yard. MANto stil eventruths it on.

No

No

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
one zynski

one zinski

it is beautifully subtle and obvious at the same time.

some people know of aj burnett

Nonono.

They were given first names by their parents, and in same cases, have shortened their original first name. Why can't we just call them that?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
No

No

Nonono.

They were given first names by their parents, and in same cases, have shortened their original first name. Why can't we just call them that?

We don't like their parents?

• 3 weeks later...