White Sox Winner thread!

Balta1701

lol Cleveland must have been on their high horse coming in..sweeping the Tigers and all. We just steamrolled them. They lost by 6 or more all three games.

Edited by chw42

Sweet sweep. believe that make us 8-4 against them this season. We are better than them and this series proves that. Hope this starts a swoon for the Cleves. Also nice seeing the cuBS lose this 12th in a row. there is only one baseball team around here.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
I'd like to know if that's his first 4 hit game at home in his career.

Career high 4 hits....awesome win and sweep...i think this team read my THIS IS REAL thread and realized that theyre pretty damn good, one loss since that post...just sayin lol

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
I was in LF by the bullpen in the sun. Juan Nievez is the greatest bullpen coach of all time for hosing us down 4 times.

Juan Nievez is a bad ass.

I remember Harrell's start when we traded Hudson, he was doing everything to make him relaxed.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Sweet sweep. believe that make us 8-4 against them this season. We are better than them and this series proves that. Hope this starts a swoon for the Cleves. Also nice seeing the cuBS lose this 12th in a row. there is only one baseball team around here.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 27, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
I know Manto is getting a lot of praise now but I really feel like these hitters on the Sox are learning from Konerko.

1.) Nice to see the Sox put Cleveland in its place and hold its own vs. Detroit.

The second half we'll be playing KC and Minnie a ton; have to do the same against them.

2.) No way of proving it, but you might be right. Just as a lot of pitchers copied Mark's style of working fast and attacking hitters.

Apparently it was not too much to ask for a sweep :)

3rd of the year. How many did they have all last year or 2010 even? Doesn't seem like they had that combined haha

Even with Gavin sucking, I still felt like they were gonna win this one. Good on ya Boys....

QUOTE (Cali @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
Apparently it was not too much to ask for a sweep :)

3rd of the year. How many did they have all last year or 2010 even? Doesn't seem like they had that combined haha

Even with Gavin sucking, I still felt like they were gonna win this one. Good on ya Boys....

During the insane 19-4 stretch or whatever it was, I'm sure there were at least 3 sweeps in there.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
During the insane 19-4 stretch or whatever it was, I'm sure there were at least 3 sweeps in there.

26-5

We had individual streaks within that stretch of 11-0 and 9-0.

Sweeps were @ Pittsburgh, @ Washington, ATL (when the Braves were one of the best teams in the majors), LAA (4 game sweep) and the Royals.

So five series sweeps in basically one month, including a 4 gamer.

Of course, we won the first game against the Twins (high water mark) and proceeded to lose 3 in a row (July 16th-18th horror apocalypse starring Jenks, to later to be followed by Thornton/Thome).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
26-5

Sweeps were @ Pittsburgh, @ Washington, ATL (when the Braves were one of the best teams in the majors), LAA (4 game sweep) and the Royals.

Of course, we won the first game against the Twins (high water mark) and proceeded to lose 3 in a row (July 16th-18th horror apocalypse starring Jenks, to later to be followed by Thornton/Thome).

Feels good to have started this streak before bigtime interleague has started.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
26-5

When Minnesota won the first game of the homestand 9-1 my first feeling was "aw s*** here we go again"

Here's another barometer we can use to compare 2010 and 2012 (although the 26-5 streak happened in June/July, when school was already out).

Home games in the middle of hot streak

Tuesday-Thursday series against the Braves, 29,137 average

Monday-Thursday series against the Angels, 27,212 average (38,000+ for the Monday discount night)

Friday-Sunday against Royals, 28,984 average (this is when we moved into 1st place)

Then you had the Cubs home weekend series in there as well, where we took the first two and lost the 3rd.

But all told, we were a bit unlucky to only have 13 home games and 18 road games in that stretch.