Rays vs White Sox 2:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 28, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
I don't understand why you're so adamant in defending such a low ceiling player. I think Brent could very well be an important part of our future, but I don't see where all this certainty is coming from

I like Morel almost as much as Balta does. But even if he was injured all year I can't defend him . The stuff he was swinging and missing seemed to always be off the plate outside. His pitch recognition was terrible.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
Hudson's done a really good job of working the count so far with the Sox.

He's not really hitting anything with that count though.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
I like Morel almost as much as Balta does. But even if he was injured all year I can't defend him . The stuff he was swinging and missing seemed to always be off the plate outside. His pitch recognition was terrible.

If you listened to Hawk, he's described Morel as basically being unable to bend over without pain, leading to him just being totally unable to deal with anything on the outside edge of the plate. If he's wincing and unable to square up that pitch, then yeah, he's going to be overly defensive on anything outside, because he couldn't hit it hard with his back and was just forced to protect.