Rays vs White Sox 2:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
I like it! No reason to change the lineup that's produced the most runs I can remember in a short stretch

EDIT: Giving Paulie a day off of the field is a good idea, too.

Plus the days at 1B have been good for Dunn.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
Yeah, I agree...you don't sit anyone in the midst of this run, as far as I am concerned. Secondly, we're a very young team at the positions that actually require a lot of running and athleticism...you don't want to sit Rios/Beckham/Alexei/Tank right now...I guess I could have seen sitting De Aza today against Moore and giving Lilibridge the start, but other than that, roll with it baby.

I keep forgetting. Do the Sox only have 4 outfielders? Lilly is the only sub?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Kosuke Fukudome.

I could see him playing a little bit and resting DeAza a bit. But the team is so hot, no need to switch. As a former player, Ventura I'm sure knows what guys can handle physically.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 28, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
I could see him playing a little bit and resting DeAza a bit. But the team is so hot, no need to switch. As a former player, Ventura I'm sure knows what guys can handle physically.

De Aza actually worries me a bit long term, because he's a guy who's had serious leg injuries before.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
De Aza actually worries me a bit long term, because he's a guy who's had serious leg injuries before.

If it was within the last year or two I would worry. But it has been what, 4-5 years? And the last few years in the minors he has played a lot of games in the minors. I wouldn't worry too much anymore.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
If it was within the last year or two I would worry. But it has been what, 4-5 years? And the last few years in the minors he has played a lot of games in the minors. I wouldn't worry too much anymore.

I get the idea, I just don't want to press my luck. De Aza is leading the Sox in PA's by quite a bit and is up there in games played also.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)

He worries me more short term. The Sox can't afford to lose him, and he plays a pretty high octane style in the outfield and on the bases.

He's had a lot of painful moments this season already. I'm worried it's going to happen one of these days...a separated shoulder, a jammed finger, something like that.

I never understood why baseball players needed a day off anyway, theres not a lot of energy being drained out there....there are players out there that play everyday....Once a month or so should be enough, under ozzie the bench got way to much play and I think some have gotten used to it around here which is why youre all worried about off days

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

ADA always looks like he's getting hurt sliding into second base, I feel you on that one.

And trust me, playing everyday can be quite the drag, especially when you throw things in like travel, etc. There is a mental/psychological toll that goes along with spending all your waking hours focused on this one little thing. You may not always "feel" the physical benefit that comes with rest, but over time one believes that you are making the players' body a little more resistant to injury.

You also don't want to be in a position where your entire bench is useless because they never see pitching. It is a hard thing to balance, especially in the American League. You don't want to screw with your best lineup but you need to give those bench guys some at bats, since you're bound to need them for both pinch hitting as well as potential long term fill-ins for injury.