AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First place, at least a tie for now.

Great 1-2-3 inning for Addison. This team now has all their parts jelling at the same time.

This time, dominant starting pitching, Beckham and Viciedo hitting, the Dunn bomb, a great defensive play by Hudson that may have save the game and the lockdown bullpen.

Paul Konerko with a 13 game hitting streak, barely made it but flipped another ball into the OF.

The Rays can feel they could have won this game with Longoria, Jennings and Keppinger...but even they realize how good Sale was today.

One off the all-time Sox strikeout record, breaks the Trop Dome record of 14 by the inimitable Pedro Martinez.

Matt Moore's best game with the Rays so far this season. Drops to 1-5.

Edited by caulfield12

My question is, why the hell did Joe Maddon sit 3 of his best hitters today? I know that Sale's lefty and those hitters are lefties, but you shouldn't take 3 of your best guys out of the lineup. That just seems a little excessive.

Maybe he was trying to give them Memorial day off or something, lol.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
Hell of a performance by Sale! Holy crap! I don't think I've thought the "20 K" thought in a while.

Also, beer.

I wish Sale would have struck out 25 so Kaplan could have told us how Kerry Wood fanning 20 was far more impressive.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
My question is, why the hell did Joe Maddon sit 3 of his best hitters today? I know that Sale's lefty and those hitters are lefties, but you shouldn't take 3 of your best guys out of the lineup. That just seems a little excessive.

Especially considering lefties hit Sale better than righties.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)

Which hitter besides Scott and Joyce are you talking about?

Keppinger wasn't available today, neither was Jennings/Longoria.