AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So uh, didn't Paulie yesterday say the Sox couldn't keep it up and that the next game would be a 2-1 score and the team should be ready for that?

I feel like we are living in Paul Konerko's universe and he's just a god pulling strings and messing with us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
The Sox removed the cancer, and Dunn got better.

Dunn got himself in much better shape and was far more prepared coming into this season, plus he didn't get hurt. He got away with being not so physically fit in the past, but he probably realizes now he can't get away with that anymore. Hawk is making it seem like Ozzie was a big problem as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ May 29, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
I wonder how Keith Law felt about that start by Chris Sale last night? What a dumbass

He just shut his eyes real tight and stuck his fingers in his ears and yelled "Sale has no breaking ball! Sale has no breaking ball! La La La La La La!"

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Dunn got himself in much better shape and was far more prepared coming into this season, plus he didn't get hurt. He got away with being not so physically fit in the past, but he probably realizes now he can't get away with that anymore. Hawk is making it seem like Ozzie was a big problem as well.

If we were just talking about Dunn, I could go along with the dismissal, but there is way more than just him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)

Yea hawk has very critical of Ozzie, albeit non-directly. He doesn't outright blame ozzie, but there is no doubt who he is talking about.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
Yea hawk has very critical of Ozzie, albeit non-directly. He doesn't outright blame ozzie, but there is no doubt who he is talking about.

That's exactly what I've noticed. He doesn't blast him like he does Manuel still from time to time, maybe because they know the firestorm it will create with Ozzie and Oney, but the indirect criticism is definitely there almost every telecast.

I have to admit I have been kind of surprised at how much Hawk doesn't like Manuel. Jerry seemed like a really nice guy, it was just a very laid back coaching style that didn't really inspire confidence when things went bad.

The one comment Hawk made yesterday that stood out to me was "Adam Dunn said spring training was the most fun he had during ST in the big leagues. I asked him 'was it because of Robin?' And Dunn replied 'that was a big part of it'".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
I have to admit I have been kind of surprised at how much Hawk doesn't like Manuel. Jerry seemed like a really nice guy, it was just a very laid back coaching style that didn't really inspire confidence when things went bad.

The one comment Hawk made yesterday that stood out to me was "Adam Dunn said spring training was the most fun he had during ST in the big leagues. I asked him 'was it because of Robin?' And Dunn replied 'that was a big part of it'".

Ozzie must have disliked Dunn.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Ozzie rode parades. Dunn has not. Makes perfect sense

Hawk has always hated Manuel

Hawk has always loved Ozzie.

Hawk loves Robin.

Hawk acknowledged that he cannot compliment Robin without sounding like it is a slam at Ozzie and Walker and Cora..ect.

But, he is also acknowledging that a change was needed and that that train was off the tracks the last couple of years.

It is a delicate dance Hawk is attempting, as he will always have his favorites,including Ozzie,but JR and the team comes first.

Sale was so nasty yesterday, nobody was going to have a chance unless he made a mistake. He did make a couple of mistakes and Zobrist hit them.

I just pray for Sale's arm and shoulder.....stay intact,please.