Rays vs White Sox 6:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)
Yeah he was been off since the perfect game. He clearly doesnt have as good of stuff as he can have.

Or is the question: did he just have great stuff on the magical day and that was an anomaly?

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
Yeah he was been off since the perfect game. He clearly doesnt have as good of stuff as he can have.

So do we automatically lose?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
Still plenty of time to make this decision. It wouldn't shock me in the the least if by the deadline, Gavin is someone who the Sox can count on and Peavy is considered a liability.

Absolutely and thats all Im saying. There are many factors that have to be right for them to make that decision. But with Gavin it always seems like an illusion. He'll look dominate for a while. Then the next few games he cant get out of an inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Or is the question: did he just have great stuff on the magical day and that was an anomaly?

I think he can have that stuff all the time to be honest. He had that stuff for a while last year. It just seems to fall off.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Absolutely and thats all Im saying. There are many factors that have to be right for them to make that decision. But with Gavin it always seems like an illusion. He'll look dominate for a while. Then the next few games he cant get out of an inning.

This is because his success is so dependent on one pitch and that pitch is one he can't be very consistent with. This is why he's been adding that slider in, searching for consistency

It's not so much a stuff issue with Humber, he simply has been lacking command. Walks and mistake pitches over the middle.

I can't say that he's looked terrible today. I think there are equal chances of implosion and strong finish at this point.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
So do we automatically lose?

If Shields kept pitching the way he was earlier sure. The way this game looks I thought 2 runs would win it. Just like last game.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
This is because his success is so dependent on one pitch and that pitch is one he can't be very consistent with. This is why he's been adding that slider in, searching for consistency

Yeah his slider has been off for a while now. I hope he finds it because that would be a huge help to this rotation.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
If Shields kept pitching the way he was earlier sure. The way this game looks I thought 2 runs would win it. Just like last game.

You can't get mad at Humber allowing 2 runs if you believe the Sox won't score at least 2 today.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
We're down 2 playing vs the leader of the AL East, calm down fellas, this game aint over yet.

We have our #5 going without his best stuff against their ace who is on his game. Plenty to be content about so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)
You can't get mad at Humber allowing 2 runs if you believe the Sox won't score at least 2 today.

He wont be the only guy Im mad at for sure then :gosox3: