Rays vs White Sox 12:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
I've never seen a power hitter less interested in/able to hit inside pitches than Adam Dunn

The one he hit against Moore was inside...I think he hits them inside against southpaws, but not righthanders.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
When Danks comes back shouldn't we CONSIDER a 6 man rotation if Quintana can keep this up? He looks really comfortable out there....

This would limit the innings on Peavy/Sale/Etc, not to mention continue to give this guy a chance if Humber continues to disappoint (outside of yesterday's outing)

I was thinking we could give some of our guys periodic rests with Quintana getting some long relief innings to stay sharp. Instead of a 6 man rotation, use Q to give rests to guys as they need it/as innings pile up

QUOTE (kapzk @ May 30, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
that looked like a hit and run, Dunn was swinging at the ball in the dirt

I've noticed this year that when there's a runner in motion, Dunn seems to lose all focus at the plate. Thankfully, the Sox don't have too much speed in the 2nd spot.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
When Danks comes back shouldn't we CONSIDER a 6 man rotation if Quintana can keep this up? He looks really comfortable out there....

This would limit the innings on Peavy/Sale/Etc, not to mention continue to give this guy a chance if Humber continues to disappoint (outside of yesterday's outing)

Taking pitchers out of their routines is a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Morel when healthy is better defensively at 3B than Hudson and the ODog isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball. If Morel is healthy, IMO he's better than Hudson. If he's like he's been, he's not.

At this point, I'd say that 2012 Orlando Hudson > 2011 Brent Morel

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
WTF? They don't have tigers in Central America....I'm starting to doubt the veracity of these sources

WHAT? How dare you!!

I love how the part about giants didn't phase you at all.....:)

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Matchup between two playoff teams and the Rays aren't drawing any better than the Sox. Weird.

EDIT: I guess "weird" isn't the right word. Sad.

And the Rays have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Welcome to pro sports fandom in the state of Florida

Bad luck there for Paulie.

Was hitting .421 with RISP.

Josh Hamilton's in .360's, Jeter nearly 30 points behind him. Nearly a 50 point spread between Konerko and 3rd place.

White Sox have threatened to score in every inning this game. Unfortunately, didn't push across at least 2 in the second, but didn't really deserve one in the first so we actually should be up 4-1, realistically.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Taking pitchers out of their routines is a recipe for disaster.

It would require some very good planning, for sure. Have to wonder what kind of benefits there may be in having select starters miss every 3rd/4th start or something to keep the arms fresh.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
At this point, I'd say that 2012 Orlando Hudson > 2011 Brent Morel

I disagree. Their OPS is the same and, if healthy, Morel makes all the plays Hudson makes at 3rd, Hudson wouldn't make all the plays at 3B a healthy Morel makes. If the "real" Morel is the guy we have seen this year, there's no question Hudson is better.