Madden 2004

AssHatSoxFan

okay folks i have owned madden 2002 and got 2003 since my 2002 disc broke but now i am contemplating purchasing madden 2004 and my buddy at work loves it and i need to know pros cons and if u had madden 2003 tell me what you like or dislike about the new one(2004) in comparison to 2003 especially

thanks in advance :cheers

From what I've read(haven't bought it yet....hopefully will get it tomorrow), it is the best football game EVER. Deepest franchise mode ever, and with the new playmaker thingy, gameplay is much better.

If you want me to give you a review of it like within the next 3-5 days, give me a hollar.

I just picked it up. Played one game and it seems pretty cool. Hard as hell to play defense, but the pass mode is really nice. Seems like a big upgrade over last years thus far.

I also like the training mode. In last years game there was that madden cruiser feature (With the Contests) well in this years game you do the contests with one player and if you do good you can improve their rating.

Haven't gotten to the owner features yet.

I picked it up the other day, very good as always. Every year you can always trust madden to not dissapoint. The owner mode is great for people like me that like games like 'baseball mogul' and 'out of the park baseball'. If you have the network adapter it makes it even better. If you like the past madden games, it's a no-brainer to pick this one up.

I just picked it up.  Played one game and it seems pretty cool.  Hard as hell to play defense, but the pass mode is really nice.  Seems like a big upgrade over last years thus far.

I also like the training mode.  In last years game there was that madden cruiser feature (With the Contests) well in this years game you do the contests with one player and if you do good you can improve their rating. 

I also heard that in the training mode, you can like sort of gamble your points in those contests. After you do the first contest or whatever, you can do the next one on a harder difficulty and possibly double your points, or you can fail and lose all your points, and you can then do it again too.

Sounds like it will be a blast.

Question....what's the big difference from NCAA04? Because I know that in NCAA04, defense is easy.

I just picked it up.  Played one game and it seems pretty cool.  Hard as hell to play defense, but the pass mode is really nice.  Seems like a big upgrade over last years thus far.

I also like the training mode.  In last years game there was that madden cruiser feature (With the Contests) well in this years game you do the contests with one player and if you do good you can improve their rating. 

I also heard that in the training mode, you can like sort of gamble your points in those contests. After you do the first contest or whatever, you can do the next one on a harder difficulty and possibly double your points, or you can fail and lose all your points, and you can then do it again too.

Question....what's the big difference from NCAA04? Because I know that in NCAA04, defense is easy.

Mainly the defense is way harder in NFL. Thats because the gamestyle in college football is not typically a defensive style but more an offensive style.

I'd say NCAA is more wide open while Madden is more run the ball, pass...mix things up.

Either way both are good games and are different.

I am in season 14 of owner mode with the Bears, it is awesome took me 8 seasons to get a stadium built and my club was in the red one season. My brother was the Bills he had to sell team because he was in the red 3 straight years.

Playmaker deal is overrated. Packers and farve are f***ing unreal a true packer fan must of made them up. R.Grossman sucks pretty much he went in rating only up to 77 then fell like a rock. Traylor and Washington are way overrated. :usa

Mainly the defense is way harder in NFL. Thats because the gamestyle in college football is not typically a defensive style but more an offensive style.

I'd say NCAA is more wide open while Madden is more run the ball, pass...mix things up.

Either way both are good games and are different.

You pretty much described Pac 10 football right there

Ok, I finally did play it, and I bought it as well.

Definately a totally different game then NCAA04, so if you were saying to yourself "I'm not gonna get Madden because it will be the same as NCAA04", you are lying to yourself. This game is tight. It is a lot harder, but is a lot more fun then NCAA. In NCAA, you can go bomb all the f***ing time, and constantly get like 350 yards rushing and 400 passing yards in 1 game. Let me just say this....Madden is very realistic.,

The commentary is very bad, and is usually wrong(I'd have to say that it is wrong 50% of the time....Michaels will say "there's a 4 or 5 yard gain" and when the screen comes up, it'll be 2nd and 4 or something like that, and sometimes Madden just rambles on and on and on). But it is a fun game.

Ok, I finally did play it, and I bought it as well.

Definately a totally different game then NCAA04, so if you were saying to yourself "I'm not gonna get Madden because it will be the same as NCAA04", you are lying to yourself.  This game is tight.  It is a lot harder, but is a lot more fun then NCAA.  In NCAA, you can go bomb all the f***ing time, and constantly get like 350 yards rushing and 400 passing yards in 1 game.  Let me just say this....Madden is very realistic., 

The commentary is very bad, and is usually wrong(I'd have to say that it is wrong 50% of the time....Michaels will say "there's a 4 or 5 yard gain" and when the screen comes up, it'll be 2nd and 4 or something like that, and sometimes Madden just rambles on and on and on).  But it is a fun game.

I've never seen the commentary do that yet. Usually he'll be within a yard of what it really is, like in real life. But yes, the commentary is awful as it has always been, it's better to just put it on mute and put on some good music.

I went 11-5 in my first season with the bears :headbang , facing the falcons in first round. :angry: