This team is officially done!

brijames

Konerko is a classic 5 hole hitter while I really am liking Carlos in the 2 hole.  In the future I'd move Magglio in the 3 hole with Tejada in the 4 hole (if the Sox picked him up).  The flaw is, once again the Sox are right handed dominated. 

But if they resigned Everett you could stick Everett in the 5 hole with Konerko in the 6 which wouldn't be a problem.  Then you have Everett DH a lot and play in left and center on ocassions for Lee/Rowand/Jeremy Reed/Borchard. 

And the Frank Thomas we see now, is a very solid 5 hole hitter.  Anyone see a possibility of moving Konerko to the cleanup spot with Maggs in the 3 hole and Thomas hitting 5th or having Konerko hit 3rd for the time being or even Carlos hitting 3rd, Everett 2nd and then Maggs, Thomas, Konerko.

ok... then what is the long term plans for rowand.... it seems to me there is alot of untapped potential there

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Konerko is a classic 5 hole hitter while I really am liking Carlos in the 2 hole.  In the future I'd move Magglio in the 3 hole with Tejada in the 4 hole (if the Sox picked him up).  The flaw is, once again the Sox are right handed dominated. 

But if they resigned Everett you could stick Everett in the 5 hole with Konerko in the 6 which wouldn't be a problem.  Then you have Everett DH a lot and play in left and center on ocassions for Lee/Rowand/Jeremy Reed/Borchard. 

And the Frank Thomas we see now, is a very solid 5 hole hitter.  Anyone see a possibility of moving Konerko to the cleanup spot with Maggs in the 3 hole and Thomas hitting 5th or having Konerko hit 3rd for the time being or even Carlos hitting 3rd, Everett 2nd and then Maggs, Thomas, Konerko.

ok... then what is the long term plans for rowand.... it seems to me there is alot of untapped potential there

No way should the Sox give him up. He's a good centerfielder with a great arm and when his swing is on he hits the hell out of the ball. Hitting over .400 since his callup.

Hell if it were up to me Thomas would be getting a lot less playing time and Everett would be DH'in. Who knows if it would work though. I really like what Rowand brings. Also, don't the Sox have a really good record in games that Rowand is in since he was recalled?

yup, you kind of get the impression that rowand gives his best with every opportunity he is given

Him, Konerko, Carlos Lee, Miguel Olivo, Joe Crede, Carl Everett.

I could say that about all those position players as well as Jose, Sandy, Maggs, Graffy, and Harris.

They are always giving it their all in my opinion.

I could say that about all those position players as well as Jose, Sandy, Maggs, Graffy, and Harris. 

Well, I notice Frank missing from that list. Im glad to see you notice the same things about him, that i notice.

Well, I notice Frank missing from that list. Im glad to see you notice the same things about him, that i notice.

i hate to use a term like gravy train but it seems to me like frank is not as focused as i would like him to be.

Jason, i dont want PK on this team. He is too slow and hasnt had a year with a 30+ HRs, his DP is killing this team all year, it's right now 20 GIDP. He has more DPs then HRs, and he is paid a lot of money. I want PK out of here, much more than Frank. He is hitting very well since the break, but he continues to hit in to DP. In the last game he almost GIDP. I dont agree with you in saying that we need to keep PK, no way! He was one the main reasons that we suck in the first half of this season. A player that we need to keep is no doubt Maggs. Get rid of PK and his salary and send this money to Maggs.

It's official?! did that come out of the commissioner's office?

This season has looked a lot worse at times than this. Hell we were three back after the first three games. 100+ games later and we gained ground!

It's official?! did that come out of the commissioner's office?

This season has looked a lot worse at times than this. Hell we were three back after the first three games. 100+ games later and we gained ground!

We got abover .500 teams coming after we go through these West Coast games, we should do easily well against them... the players might actually get up for a game and have something to play for.

How a team plays in a pennant race against sub .500 teams, teams it should be beating up on speaks directly to the character of a team. This team has no character. They spout off in the SI article out this week that they are the team to beat and belong in first place, not the Royals. Well guess what. Actions speak a little louder than words and losing 3 out of 4 to a lousy Angels team says a lot! They are in a pennant race for gosh sakes, why should they need a fire lit under them now? All I hear is excuses, well they just don't play well on the West coast, or they don't do well against pitchers the first time they see them, or they don't play well in front of small crowds or when the humidity is above 86%. The facts are this supposed full of talent team is 2 games behind a team that had the worst record in bb last year. The Sox are a barely over .500 ballclub who talk a good game but have never backed it up.

This team is alive and kicking keep on cheering dammit....

We can't go 162 - 0 like many would like

I totally agree with you except all you have to do is watch this series and see how inconsistent this team is and you'll realize that they won't make the playoffs barring a miracle. Sure, they could turn it around, but don't bet on it. With all this said, I'm going to watch them, root for them, and keep hope (whatever little hope I have left). It's really disgusting that they are 2 games out of first and have little hope. I have faith, not hope (if you know what I mean).

Someone needs to set off their alarm clock and wake them the f*** up. This is when good teams make their move ( OAKLAND THE LAST FEW YEARS AS A FINE EXAMPLE ).

This team is alive and kicking keep on cheering dammit....

We can't go 162 - 0 like many would like

I totally agree with you except all you have to do is watch this series and see how inconsistent this team is and you'll realize that they won't make the playoffs barring a miracle. Sure, they could turn it around, but don't bet on it. With all this said, I'm going to watch them, root for them, and keep hope (whatever little hope I have left). It's really disgusting that they are 2 games out of first and have little hope. I have faith, not hope (if you know what I mean).

Someone needs to set off their alarm clock and wake them the f*** up. This is when good teams make their move ( OAKLAND THE LAST FEW YEARS AS A FINE EXAMPLE ).

and....this is when loser teams choke. See the last 4 games for evidence. Get your head outta your ass dude............

Someone needs to set off their alarm clock and wake them the f*** up.  This is when good teams make their move ( OAKLAND THE LAST FEW YEARS AS A FINE EXAMPLE ).

and....this is when loser teams choke. See the last 4 games for evidence. Get your head outta your ass dude............

wtf why are you such a douche bag? he was just saying this is the time to make their move. he didn't attack you, or even say anything to you for that matter.

Someone needs to set off their alarm clock and wake them the f*** up.  This is when good teams make their move ( OAKLAND THE LAST FEW YEARS AS A FINE EXAMPLE ).

wtf why are you such a douche bag? he was just saying this is the time to make their move. he didn't attack you, or even say anything to you for that matter.

LOL!!!!! WHo attacked anyone? Stop being such a baby. Saying get your head outta your ass and wake the hell up has the exact same meaning. Maybe you should take both pieces of advice, lol. :bang In FACT, the only attack that i see, is the person who called the other person a douche bag....................keep pushing for that junior mod position, spiffy boy, lol

LOL!!!!! WHo attacked anyone? Stop being such a baby. Saying get your head outta your ass and wake the hell up has the exact same meaning. Maybe you should take both pieces of advice, lol. :bang

I didn't say you attacked him either, you just say asshole things all the time to people who hadn't even said anything to you.

LOL!!!!! WHo attacked anyone? Stop being such a baby. Saying get your head outta your ass and wake the hell up has the exact same meaning. Maybe you should take both pieces of advice, lol. :bang

I didn't say you attacked him either, you just say asshole things all the time to people who hadn't even said anything to you.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, shall i get mommy now?

So much for the new Bmr ;)

STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It´s funny you saying this because i just take a look at your avatar and saw all those soldiers with this riffles (or guns...i dont know what are those guns...AK-47?).

But you are right, PEACE!

STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It´s funny you saying this because i just take a look at your avatar and saw all those soldiers with this riffles (or guns...i dont know what are those guns...AK-47?).

But you are right, PEACE!

M16's AND M249'S

I was being sarcastic of course. ;)

LOl this is tame dude, trust me. :)

LOl this is tame dude, trust me. :)

The legendary Bmr rocks on!!! :lol: :snr