White Sox vs Mariners 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
I don't know. It's different right now, seems the economy is really taking its toll all over the southside/south burbs. People continue to worry about their jobs, if they have one, and with that as a backdrop it's really difficult to justify going to a baseball game. It's one of the things that annoys me about the media's take on Sox attendance - it's ignored. Of course, not many media members live south.

So how do you explain the attendance in Detroit then? Obviously, CLE and PITT have struggled, but Cincy hasn't done too badly, either.

That whole Rust Belt area has been the hardest hit, along with Florida and Arizona (real estate).

Now that I look at it, Cincy's around 27,000 per game, Pittsburgh is 2000 per game ahead of the Sox, Toronto, Baltimore and even KC are up this year (although the KC attendance was more about pre-season hype than anything).

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
So how do you explain the attendance in Detroit then? Obviously, CLE and PITT have struggled, but Cincy hasn't done too badly, either.

That whole Rust Belt area has been the hardest hit, along with Florida and Arizona (real estate).

Now that I look at it, Cincy's around 27,000 per game, Pittsburgh is 2000 per game ahead of the Sox, Toronto, Baltimore and even KC are up this year (although the KC attendance was more about pre-season hype than anything).

Well, there are two teams in Chicago.

But I think Sox fans are just fickle b****es.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
Well, there are two teams in Chicago.

But I think Sox fans are just fickle b****es.

I think a lot of Sox fans are still getting over the dissapointment of last year. If we continue playing well and as the weather improves, attendance will surely improve. I'm neither surprised or worried at this time.

CLE already up 7-0 over the Twins and Pavano.

Probably can stick a fork in that game. DET now trailing Yankees 5-3.

Didn't realize DeAza was tied for first in the AL in steals. Pierre-esque, plus power and not getting thrown out or picked off 35-40% of the time.

Edited by caulfield12