White Sox vs Mariners 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
I don't know what the weather will do to tonight's attendance, but my hope is that the streak brings out the casual fans. Like independents in an election, they make all the difference for a team like the Sox.

The one thing that annoys me about casual Sox fans...they seem to come up with any little excuse not to go to games.

"We just won 8 straight and Peavy is pitching tonight!"

"Yeah but it won't be 76 degrees" or "Who wants to see Seattle...they suck" or "This might be a fluke....let me see how they do after the next few games"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
The one thing that annoys me about casual Sox fans...they seem to come up with any little excuse not to go to games.

"Yeah but it won't be 76 degrees" or "Who wants to see Seattle...they suck" or "This might be a fluke....let me see how they do after the next few games"

"I live in Seattle, that's too far away"

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
I have a bet with a friend on who will have more career wins, Buehrle or Felix. Made this bet two years ago. Steak dinner at Maestros. What do you guys think?

You're lucky the Mariners can't score runs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
You're lucky the Mariners can't score runs.

Obviously that was a factor in my taking Mark.

I also bet him about 6 years ago that Verlander would win more than Dontrelle. I feel pretty good about that one!

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)

I also bet him about 6 years ago that Verlander would win more than Dontrelle. I feel pretty good about that one!

lol oh man, that's highway robbery.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)

At the same age, Felix has 16 more wins than Mark did. Of course, Mark already has 77 more total wins on the career.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)

How about this one: "I have limited funds to make the 3 hour drive and spend $150 at the ballpark (on a rainy night vs the Mariners) due to the fact that I have 2 bachelor parties this month, just spent $1200 last night on a king bed, (can't wait to sleep in it Sat night after the Sox 11th consecutive win) and I'm going to watch the series in St. Louis on the 14th".

I think that "excuse" gives me a pass for the night. But then again, I'm not a "casual fan" either ;)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:04 AM)
Fixed that for ya

This isn't the thread for it, for you've got to stop listening to meathead fans who just like to talk crap about anyone who stands behind center for the Cowboys, especially when his name rhymes with "homo". Tony could win 3 straight superbowls, and people would still pretend he isn't good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
I propose a new rule for attendance b****ing. If you don't go, you can't b****, no exceptions.

That hold true for Kenny Williams if he doesn't attend a game at the Cell? :)

Biggest reason so many people are discussing it right now is based on Kenny's comments the other day.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Ichiro rf

Ackley 2b

Bob Seger 3b

Jesus DH

Smoke 1b

Carp lf

another guy that KW traded away C

Saunders cf

Humber's b**** ss

Let's hope Ohman, Thornton and Santiago can do their job this weekend.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
That hold true for Kenny Williams if he doesn't attend a game at the Cell? :)

Biggest reason so many people are discussing it right now is based on Kenny's comments the other day.

No it isn't. Its been discussed all year, already.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
This isn't the thread for it, for you've got to stop listening to meathead fans who just like to talk crap about anyone who stands behind center for the Cowboys, especially when his name rhymes with "homo". Tony could win 3 straight superbowls, and people would still pretend he isn't good.

Agreed. Romo has a career 96.9 QB rating over 99 games. Anyone who thinks he's overrated is insane.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
No it isn't. Its been discussed all year, already.

Everyone acted like it was to be expected this year, and that was why they cut the payroll as much as they did. It wasn't until KW talked the other day that you started to actually hear the media discuss it. Even FM radio stations this morning were encouraging "more Sox fans to attend games".

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Everyone acted like it was to be expected this year, and that was why they cut the payroll as much as they did. It wasn't until KW talked the other day that you started to actually hear the media discuss it. Even FM radio stations this morning were encouraging "more Sox fans to attend games".

It has been talked about all year on sports radio. We're back to the stupid attendance posts. Hell soon enough we'll be back to measuring inches of columns in the Tribune.