6.1 Games

bighurt4life

Wickswat and Bayne are not distinguishing themselves, to say the least. With the draft coming, their days in the organization might be numbered, particularly Wickswat.

Mabee with a sub 1 ERA.

Mitchell always has great games or complete duds, 2/4 and back up to .287.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
I hope we can get Jordan to the major league roster. Drop Fukodome, Danks can be a defensive replacement for Dayan almost every game.

I just don't get this logic. Jordan is putting together a nice season and might be building a little bit of value. He's not going to do much more than Fukudome rotting on the bench. Keep him at AAA until September unless there is an injury.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)
I just don't get this logic. Jordan is putting together a nice season and might be building a little bit of value. He's not going to do much more than Fukudome rotting on the bench. Keep him at AAA until September unless there is an injury.

After 3 seasons in AAA, he doesn't have any value now unless/until he proves he can hit a little at the major league level.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 12:49 AM)
After 3 seasons in AAA, he doesn't have any value now unless/until he proves he can hit a little at the major league level.

I said a little value, along the lines where he could be an interesting secondary piece in a deal. Him rotting on the bench isn't going to help us very much this year. I'd rather him get the at-bats in AAA, so we can better evaluate him for next year.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
Ravelo with a bomb, Walker with 2 doubles and stole 3rd. 28 SB's on the season, if he can figure out how to get on base that guy has speed to burn.

Walker's walk rate is absurd. I wonder if it's a case of trying to draw the walks instead of actually just being selective (with a poor contact rate). I know scouts complained about Mitchell being passive at the plate. I see potential in Walker's numbers. His K rate isn't totally pathetic and he obviously has the speed and walks.

On the other hand, even I'm starting to get down on Trayce Thompson.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:22 AM)
Walker's walk rate is absurd. I wonder if it's a case of trying to draw the walks instead of actually just being selective (with a poor contact rate). I know scouts complained about Mitchell being passive at the plate. I see potential in Walker's numbers. His K rate isn't totally pathetic and he obviously has the speed and walks.

And Thompson was perhaps our best looking young player in camp, well, maybe 2nd after Mitchell.

You can never tell much from ST, as the old axiom goes, although it does seem to have mirrored Jared's rise back to top prospect status.

With those type of boom or bust athletes, you need to have 5-7 of them in your system and hope to hit big on one. At least we still have Mitchell and Walker.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:22 AM)

I was thinking about that too. I'd like some examples of current very good major league players that couldn't hit for average in High-A at age 21.

I'm sure some exist, but I'd like to know.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)

Fair counterpoint, I can see Fukodome starting to get disgruntled about lack of playing time. I think Jordan would be happy just to be up and will be ready and willing to play every game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
I was thinking about that too. I'd like some examples of current very good major league players that couldn't hit for average in High-A at age 21.

I'm sure some exist, but I'd like to know.

While he's been incredibly dissappointing so far, I don't think it's the end of the world if he starts his age 22 season in A+ next year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
I said this the other day... Jordan Danks has a 26% K/PA rate in his third year in AAA. He has no value to speak of in trade, and he's not a future major league starter. At best he's a 4th OF and defensive replacement.

He's a great defensive outfielder that can play all three positions. He's a left-handed bat who has a .400+ OBP and is actually hitting for some power. I know the strikeouts are a huge red flag and will ultimately hinder most of his value. However, the rest of his stats look great and let's not forget he has many physical tools that scouts love.

I honestly believe that there are some teams out there that would think he was rushed to AAA and that maybe he's finally putting it together. He'd be a great fit for the Padres, as he'd be perfect for Petco defensively and they actually could roll the dice on him and not worry if he flops. Again, due his strikeouts and age his value will be minimal. Having said that, maybe you can convince a team to take him as a secondary piece over another prospect you like better. That right there is more valuable IMO than anything you'd add by replacing Fukudome with him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
He's a great defensive outfielder that can play all three positions. He's a left-handed bat who has a .400+ OBP and is actually hitting for some power. I know the strikeouts are a huge red flag and will ultimately hinder most of his value. However, the rest of his stats look great and let's not forget he has many physical tools that scouts love.

I honestly believe that there are some teams out there that would think he was rushed to AAA and that maybe he's finally putting it together. He'd be a great fit for the Padres, as he'd be perfect for Petco defensively and they actually could roll the dice on him and not worry if he flops. Again, due his strikeouts and age his value will be minimal. Having said that, maybe you can convince a team to take him as a secondary piece over another prospect you like better. That right there is more valuable IMO than anything you'd add by replacing Fukudome with him.

I doubt he has any more value than a throw in. He's a great defensive replacement, and might make a nice extra OF if he can hit at all, but the lack of contact. I didn't realize he's actually a month older than Beckham.

Edited by Dick Allen