White Sox vs Mariners 3:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
I don't care how good our offense has been looking, we will not win anything with the way Danks & Floyd have pitched this year. They are huge to this team (unless we go out & grab a starter on the market)

RIOS!!!!!

True statement...but one of the really good things about this streak is that it's come at a time when some of our pitchers have been going through down patches.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
True statement...but one of the really good things about this streak is that it's come at a time when some of our pitchers have been going through down patches.

True. Quintana has probably looked the best the last 2 starts hahaha.

If Danks comes back off the DL pitching like we know he can it will be a big lift to an already hot team.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Cmon Gavin shut down inning buddy.

Any idea of any good starters who could be on the market?

Sox aren't going to go after any starting pitchers with Quintana as our 6th. It's 3B or bust, in my opinion. Some of the starters rumored to be available are:

- Dempster

- Volquez

- Garza

- Guthrie

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
True. Quintana has probably looked the best the last 2 starts hahaha.

If Danks comes back off the DL pitching like we know he can it will be a big lift to an already hot team.

Sale and Quintana are the only guys who have really pitched well the last few weeks. Humber, Peavy and Floyd have all been mediocre/bad over the last few weeks.

Yes I'm aware that Jake has two quality starts in his last 3 outtings...but he hasn't been overly sharp.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Sale and Quintana are the only guys who have really pitched well the last few weeks. Humber, Peavy and Floyd have all been mediocre/bad over the last few weeks.

Yes I'm aware that Jake has two quality starts in his last 3 outtings...but he hasn't been overly sharp.

Some red flags that Peavy is getting gassed around the 6th inning in his starts of late. I'm confident that Ventura will make smart decisions with him though.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Rios gets such great jumps in RF. Dude should be in the All Star discussion.

Konerko, Peavy, AJ, Sale, & Tank should all be in the running.

This is the year of the catcher, apparently. I have 3 catchers in one of my fantasy leagues, all batting .315+, sporting .375+ OBPs, and overall being badasses.

It's too bad they don't get many ABs.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
This is the year of the catcher, apparently. I have 3 catchers in one of my fantasy leagues, all batting .315+, sporting .375+ OBPs, and overall being badasses.

It's too bad they don't get many ABs.

The Soxtalk league, actually.