Here's to the recent winning ways!

iamshack

We've now won 13 of the last 15 and turned our season around. We're seeing some great hitting, some good work out of the bullpen, and I for one, am really starting to form an attachment to a few of these fellas.

Gordo looks like the player we all thought he could be, De Aza is playing like the leadoff hitter we never thought we'd get, AJ is putting up power numbers the likes of which he has never done before, and Alex and Adam have returned to being productive players again.

Just wanted to express my appreciation to the boys for making baseball fun again.

Hear, hear!

Nice post shack. Nice to actually be upset that they lost a game, as opposed to being indifferent earlier in the year. The power numbers are great outside of the left side of the infield. If everyone stays healthy this year, no reason they won't be in it all the way.

Happy for Gordon to play this well in front of his parents. Really hope he's finally turned the corner.

Have to throw out mad props to Dayan Viciedo and Nathan Jones, those two guys are the ones that have been among the most fun to follow this year. DeAza has just been super steady, the definition of consistency...same with AJ's overall season so far. And you knew Dunn and Konerko were due to have a cold spell. Heck, Alex Rios is dangerous, from 1-7, pretty awesome line-up, and Alexei's at least been dangerous.

And it's nice to be "upset" with the offense when they're putting up 8 runs and losing, shades of 2000 offensively (and pitching-wise, too).

So I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Sunday lineup tomorrow strictly because everyone has been playing a lot during this good stretch, but at the same time I think losing 2 of 3 to the M's would hurt morale in the clubhouse. That and the fact that the bench is pretty awful all around.

Keep this roster healthy and have Gordon be productive and not only is this a playoff team but they're a dangerous playoff team.

These last 2 weeks have been insanely fun, hopefully they can stay hot for a little while longer.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 02:00 AM)
So I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Sunday lineup tomorrow strictly because everyone has been playing a lot during this good stretch, but at the same time I think losing 2 of 3 to the M's would hurt morale in the clubhouse. That and the fact that the bench is pretty awful all around.

Ventura has already stated he's going with his regular line up for a while. Maybe extra innings will change that. I am a little concerned these bench players will not be able to contribute much when they do get another opportunity, but its not like they have contributed much up until now.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
Keep this roster healthy and have Gordon be productive and not only is this a playoff team but they're a dangerous playoff team.

These last 2 weeks have been insanely fun, hopefully they can stay hot for a little while longer.

Gordon is not going to be as productive as he's been the last couple of weeks, but I think he's turned the corner and will be a big contributor for the foreseeable future. He's too talented not to be a good player. If he had a little more luck, he'd probably be at .260 or better right now with a pretty decent OPS.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
We've now won 13 of the last 15 and turned our season around. We're seeing some great hitting, some good work out of the bullpen, and I for one, am really starting to form an attachment to a few of these fellas.

Gordo looks like the player we all thought he could be, De Aza is playing like the leadoff hitter we never thought we'd get, AJ is putting up power numbers the likes of which he has never done before, and Alex and Adam have returned to being productive players again.

Just wanted to express my appreciation to the boys for making baseball fun again.

Hear, hear!

Agreed. Hear Hear!!!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 06:02 AM)
Gordon is not going to be as productive as he's been the last couple of weeks, but I think he's turned the corner and will be a big contributor for the foreseeable future. He's too talented not to be a good player. If he had a little more luck, he'd probably be at .260 or better right now with a pretty decent OPS.

I hope you are right DA. He's definitely looking a lot better. Tons more bat speed and just a massively improved approach. Of all the posters on this board, you were always the one who stuck behind Becks.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)

Hear, hear!

+1