Heads22

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:23 AM)
The day we make Stewart a starting pitcher is a day our franchise gets a little better.

I hope you mean in the minors proving he can actually get minor leaguers out first (which I think you are).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Ironically, Stewart played a huge part in the game that the Sox came back to beat the Tigers at the Cell that turned our season around, IMO.

Sun shines, dog's ass.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
I hope you mean in the minors proving he can actually get minor leaguers out first (which I think you are).

Definitely. We're minimizing his value in this role.

also...DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Ironically, Stewart played a huge part in the game that the Sox came back to beat the Tigers at the Cell that turned our season around, IMO.

Well he might have cost us this one.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
Well he might have cost us this one.

Doubt it, as you never know if Romero throws the same pitches in a closer game, etc. You also can't say that the other Sox reliever that would have come in would have held the Jays scoreless.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Doubt it, as you never know if Romero throws the same pitches in a closer game, etc. You also can't say that the other Sox reliever that would have come in would have held the Jays scoreless.

Yeah, it's no guarantee. But him giving up 4 runs in 3 innings sure didn't help the cause.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
He also got caught stealing on a fake to third, throw to first move this year.

That's not so bad since you are typically going on first movement...this is why I was against outlawing that move. It is effective against the run game