Who would you rather go out for beers with: Ozzie or Robin?

soxmaniac!

?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Ozzie
    • Robin

I think these would both be interesting people to go out for beers with. Personally, I would choose Robin because I wouldn't be able to understand Ozzie in a bar. Ozzie can be a bit obnoxious too.

Edited by soxmaniac!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
I think these would both be interesting people to go out for beers with. Personally, I would choose Robin because I wouldn't be able to understand Ozzie in a bar. Ozzie can be a bit obnoxious too.

Scott Podsednik's wife an option?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 01:32 AM)
I voted for Ozzie, but no question Robin has done a fine job.

He might revolutionize managing. You obvously need no experience. He's proving that.

The question wasn't "Who do you think is a better manager?" I'd rather have beers with Robin. At least he knows when to shut the f*** up and won't get you into a fight. Ozzie's a loud mouth who just wants to talk about Ozzie. That seems pretty f***ing boring.

There will be an epic meltdown by Greg if Ozzie doesn't win.

That was always the "redeeming" quality that our manager had when we weren't winning, he was at least interesting and not plain jane vanilla boring. He got us national press coverage (usually embarassing in nature), but the argument was that he made the White Sox relevant.

As someone mentioned, Ozzie's all about himself and his audience. I don't think he would be captivated enough by a single White Sox fan sitting at Applebee's with him to make it a worthwhile experience.

Robin just seems a bit more genuine, he has that dry/sarcastic sense of humor...maybe he's just a better human being. Baseball and famel didn't change him negatively like it did Ozzie. He's been the same ever since his rookie year and his 0/41 batting slide after compiling a 58 game hitting streak at OSU.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 03:10 AM)
There will be an epic meltdown by Greg if Ozzie doesn't win.

That was always the "redeeming" quality that our manager had when we weren't winning, he was at least interesting and not plain jane vanilla boring. He got us national press coverage (usually embarassing in nature), but the argument was that he made the White Sox relevant.

As someone mentioned, Ozzie's all about himself and his audience. I don't think he would be captivated enough by a single White Sox fan sitting at Applebee's with him to make it a worthwhile experience.

Robin just seems a bit more genuine, he has that dry/sarcastic sense of humor...maybe he's just a better human being. Baseball and famel didn't change him negatively like it did Ozzie. He's been the same ever since his rookie year and his 0/41 batting slide after compiling a 58 game hitting streak at OSU.

If it was just for beers I'd most definitely go with Ventura... if I want to get hammered drunk the easy choice is Ozzie. So, given the thread title had to choose Ventura.

Robin. It'd be too easy to piss Ozzie off and end up being yelled at for 45 minutes. I think the only person capable of pissing Robin off is Nolan Ryan, and my fastball is like 65 mph so I'm probably safe.

Edited by ScottyDo

Ozzie. He has a sense of humor and knows equally if not more about baseball. And I feel like Ozzie would be more inclined to engage in outlandish wagers that occur throughout the night. Robin would be more of a golf buddy.

Ozzie would be the kind of guy who would insult the hot waitress who has the MMA bartender boyfriend and get your into a fight, and then hide in the men's room.

Robin would be the guy who sticks you with the check and then dares you to say something about it.

I'd say Konerko. He'd never make you go to a bar. He'd take you to his 16,000 sq ft house in Scottsdale.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
Ozzie would be the kind of guy who would insult the hot waitress who has the MMA bartender boyfriend and get your into a fight, and then hide in the men's room.

Robin would be the guy who sticks you with the check and then dares you to say something about it.

I'd say Konerko. He'd never make you go to a bar. He'd take you to his 16,000 sq ft house in Scottsdale.

Yeah, but the tour would take too long. There'd be no time for beer.