Who would you rather go out for beers with: Ozzie or Robin?

soxmaniac!

?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Ozzie
    • Robin

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
And I'd suspect Ozzie after getting punched by you would then rip you apart.

:lolhitting

And I suspect that your soul is being ripped apart at the notion that more people want to go get a beer with Robin than Ozzie, which as we all know, is the main qualification Oswaldo Jose Guillen Barrios has a manager of a major league baseball team.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
You are assuming a lot here about the bar-room Ozzie. How the hell do you know he'd only want to talk about Ozzie. Somebody else said on here he's a great guy outside the lines. I choose Ozzie over Robin. Ozzie is Ozzie and I'd want to be around him in the bar.

I'll bet a lot of people here have seen barroom Ozzie. I know I have.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:14 AM)
:lolhitting

And I suspect that your soul is being ripped apart at the notion that more people want to go get a beer with Robin than Ozzie, which as we all know, is the main qualification Oswaldo Jose Guillen Barrios has a manager of a major league baseball team.

I'm actually stunned Ozzie has gotten as many votes as he did.

Me thinks there are a lot of Ozzie fans out here who don't post a lot.

Cmon guys, speak up like I do. I love Ozzie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)

Greg is like one of the Ron Paul supporters who can't believe his candidate didn't win a single caucus or primary.

But now he's still trying to spin all the mounting losses and put them in a positive light.

At some point, there's a line of demarcation between "loving the 2005 team, including its manager" and "loving Ozzie Guillen." Two separate things.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)

I don't think there are that many. I'm sure there are more people who just don't care one way or the other, but as far as hard-core Ozzie fans, you're on an island. Oh, and the "me thinks" thing? Um, no.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
I don't think there are that many. I'm sure there are more people who just don't care one way or the other, but as far as hard-core Ozzie fans, you're on an island. Oh, and the "me thinks" thing? Um, no.

You are right. I deserve a Kangaroo Court fine for going with the 'me thinks' crap.

But I don't think I am on an island regarding Ozzie. If Miami keeps winning you will hear a lot about Ozzie nationally prolly starting at the all star break.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
You are right. I deserve a Kangaroo Court fine for going with the 'me thinks' crap.

But I don't think I am on an island regarding Ozzie. If Miami keeps winning you will hear a lot about Ozzie nationally prolly starting at the all star break.

Is that before or after Buehrle's an all-star and Ozzie is manager of the year? There's one superstar in Miami baseball right now, and it's Giancarlo Stanton.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
Is that before or after Buehrle's an all-star and Ozzie is manager of the year? There's one superstar in Miami baseball right now, and it's Giancarlo Stanton.

Mark has a 3.53 era and that counts his one bad start vs. Phils.

And I'd suspect Ozzie after getting punched by you would then rip you apart.

ozzie was 5'11 150 pounds in his playing day. Now he is probly 170 pounds because of the fat. i dont know why you're just assuming ozzie can beat somebody up that you dont know. a guy who was 5'11 150 pounds and just gained fat would get an ass whooping at least 50% of the time

i change my vote to ozzie. ill go to the bar with him so i can kick his ass.

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
i dont know why you're just assuming ozzie can beat somebody up that you dont know.

Indeed. It's not like he has a history of getting into fights and beating people up when he was playing. The guy swears a lot so maybe greg thinks people who swear are great fighters.

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
ozzie was 5'11 150 pounds in his playing day. Now he is probly 170 pounds because of the fat. i dont know why you're just assuming ozzie can beat somebody up that you dont know. a guy who was 5'11 150 pounds and just gained fat would get an ass whooping at least 50% of the time

i change my vote to ozzie. ill go to the bar with him so i can kick his ass.

Well, I'm 5'11, 220 lb. But everyone always thinks I'm 185, so it's more muscle I guess? Kind of like a Viciedo build, minus the baseball skills and strength of an ox. The difference would be that I'm 19 and not in my 40s.

Also, based off of past Ozzie comments, he'd fear his citizenship getting taken away. Meanwhile, I don't. However, Ozzie does have some crazy in him, but I got some crazy as well.

Conclusion: I punch Ozzie, he punches me back. We go "cool" and then troll Cubs fans. Greg calls me a rat/finck/snitch/bum because Ozzie gains my respect and we become new bestest friends forever and he signs my brothers 1990's Ozzie jersey. Then Ozzie is arrested for providing a minor with alcohol and all is sad.

For anyone wondering, that entire post was a "Clearly I was kidding about punching a grown ass man. However, greg says he'd kill me so I guess I have to break this down now waaaay to seriously.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)

I think that nation has heard enough about Ozzie already, and it wasn't good publicity. With the way the Marlins team is stacked, they should perform well. I don't know that if the Marlins do win the division that Ozzie should be considered Manager of the Year. He was mamager of the year in 2005 because he helped lead a team that wasn't really expected to do a whole lot to the World Series. Yes, I am giving Ozzie some credit there, he deserved it. But with Miami, that team should be at or near the top of the division.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 03:12 AM)
Well, I'm 5'11, 220 lb. But everyone always thinks I'm 185, so it's more muscle I guess? Kind of like a Viciedo build, minus the baseball skills and strength of an ox. The difference would be that I'm 19 and not in my 40s.

Also, based off of past Ozzie comments, he'd fear his citizenship getting taken away. Meanwhile, I don't. However, Ozzie does have some crazy in him, but I got some crazy as well.

Conclusion: I punch Ozzie, he punches me back. We go "cool" and then troll Cubs fans. Greg calls me a rat/finck/snitch/bum because Ozzie gains my respect and we become new bestest friends forever and he signs my brothers 1990's Ozzie jersey. Then Ozzie is arrested for providing a minor with alcohol and all is sad.

For anyone wondering, that entire post was a "Clearly I was kidding about punching a grown ass man. However, greg says he'd kill me so I guess I have to break this down now waaaay to seriously.

Okay, your posts make you seem a lot older and wiser.