6/5 Games

flavum

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Wilkins is 8 for his last 17 with 3 HR, with 9 RBI in his last 3 1/2 games.

Came back from DL on 5/30. After two weak games, so far in June (5 games): .429/.478/.952/1.430, including 3 home runs. 3 K vs 2 BB.

Pedro Hernandez with a short and less than stellar outing.

KW Jr hitting leadoff, LOL

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
Wilkins w/ another hit. 2/4 today.

Didn't realize Saladino was such a good basestealer. He stole his 22nd base already, and has only been caught twice.

We need TSalad and KWalk to add significantly to their BA's, for them to become significant prospects. I hope they can. Neither is too old at this point, and the speed makes them interesting.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
We need TSalad and KWalk to add significantly to their BA's, for them to become significant prospects. I hope they can. Neither is too old at this point, and the speed makes them interesting.

Tossed Salad I don't believe is all that fast, his tools are pretty average across the board and this is the first year he's done anything on the basepaths. If i were to guess I'd say that hes probably just been really working on getting good reads and good jumps as by all reports he's a very heady player.

Maybe JPN can say what kind of foot speed he has.

Edited by bighurt4life

Usually players like Ravelo are moved after they've had an opportunity to get the reward of playing in their league's All-Star games.

Caesar Saladino is more of a "heady" basestealer, that might fly in the minors, but it won't translate at the major league level to much more than 12-15 steals.

Mitchell always bunches his K's and walks together, this time, 3 K's in one game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Ravelo is 3/3 with a SB. Up to .332. Time to move him up to High-A WS, huh?

Ravelo is barely above .800 with his OPS. He's far from dominating. He should stay in Kanny all year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Ravelo is barely above .800 with his OPS. He's far from dominating. He should stay in Kanny all year.

Disagree, and agree with Caulfield. Let Ravelo stay at Kanny thru the All Star Game. Unless he goes into a slump or gets hurt between now and then, send him up to W-S. We don't know how good this kid is. With all our troubles at third, we need to push him along. Rockies have a 20 year old at third base in AA, and he is doing well. There are others at his age doing well in all classifications, including the majors.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:32 PM)
Tossed Salad I don't believe is all that fast, his tools are pretty average across the board and this is the first year he's done anything on the basepaths. If i were to guess I'd say that hes probably just been really working on getting good reads and good jumps as by all reports he's a very heady player.

Maybe JPN can say what kind of foot speed he has.

You don't steal 22 bases in less than 50 games with below average speed. He's on pace for around 70 I believe. He has good speed, nothing spectacular, but still solid.