Sox lineup could have been EXTREMELY SCARY

Noonskadoodle

We'll just have to wait and see what the Padres end up getting in return for him.

It's like the Cubs trading LaHair...sure, he had that hot streak, but eventually he came back down to earth.

Because of his injury history, teams are going to be very reluctant to buy high on him. His offensive binge could continue unabated for 2 more months and they could hit the jackpot, but what are the odds of that happening when 1/2 of his games are at PetCo?

In the end, the White Sox had to open the position for Viciedo and save money or dump other players. I don't see how we can now blame them for trading Carlos after being patient with him for three full seasons after 2008.

Doing what the Padres did, if it works out, great. But it's not a great business model going forward, adding players you can't really afford and hoping to sell them off for more than you paid for them. For every success with that model, the times you're stuck with a player you can't unload will negate it, unless you're on a really lucky run.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 06:16 AM)
They didn't, we traded him to them for Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez in the winter.

Castro has been pretty good, although his home/away splits have been kind of drastic in AA.

Pedro hasn't been that great. Needs to strike out more guys, and walk less guys.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Absolutely no reason to keep talking about Quentin.

He was great for 5 months, and an enigma and a headache for 3 years.

1.) Thanks. Interesting trade.

2.) Why a headache? A lot of guys get hurt. He lost his temper what, once? When he got hurt after making an out or something.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
1.) Thanks. Interesting trade.

2.) Why a headache? A lot of guys get hurt. He lost his temper what, once? When he got hurt after making an out or something.

Greg,

You can't change some folks minds about former Sox players LOL. I still am a big supporter of Carlos Quentin. I am not sure I am convinced those two minor league prospects for CQ was a fair deal for the Sox. Plus the injury thing is getting pretty old. PK has a recurring hand injury and I read in the Phil Rogers article today that he thinks we should now be concerned about Paulie

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
How bad was Tank at third in '09? Never saw him. I would think they could have worked with him at third...

The Sox viewed him as really really bad. Worse than Teahan bad. They decided when he was in AA that he could not play 3b in the bigs.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Greg,

You can't change some folks minds about former Sox players LOL. I still am a big supporter of Carlos Quentin. I am not sure I am convinced those two minor league prospects for CQ was a fair deal for the Sox. Plus the injury thing is getting pretty old. PK has a recurring hand injury and I read in the Phil Rogers article today that he thinks we should now be concerned about Paulie

It isnt old. He got off the DL two weeks ago.

Paul Konerko has performed while injured and while healthy, and Konerko has yet to see the kind of DL time that Quentin consistently gets. Plus they are what, 10 years apart in age? Not a good comparison at all.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Greg,

He already missed 50 games THIS season!