Game Thread: TOR @ CHW, 6/6/12, 7:10pm

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
I thought Rios had tied it up there. He hit that hard.

5 opposite field homers in his entire career (last one to opposite field was 6/7/2007). Morrow made some bad pitches that inning, so the Sox can definitely get to him in the 8th.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
I laugh at those people anyway. No idea what they were getting into.

I wouldn't mind shedding dead weight if we are completely out of it, but we actually have a fairly young roster.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
5 opposite field homers in his entire career. Morrow made some bad pitches that inning, so the Sox can definitely get to him in the 8th.

He may be done.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I wouldn't mind shedding dead weight if we are completely out of it, but we actually have a fairly young roster.

Sure but the people who want a full rebuild make me laugh. They have no time table and no idea what damage it will do to the franchise.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
Sure but the people who want a full rebuild make me laugh. They have no time table and no idea what damage it will do to the franchise.

Exactly. We are not the Cubs, our fan base would not financially support a completely rebuilding team.

There will be ZERO desire to rebuild when the division's still so winnable with Detroit currently falling apart.

Nobody concedes to the Indians. Although they have the prospects to rent Quentin, they can't go out and take on another Jimenez contract this year.

They need help at 3B if Chisenhall can't hold the position, and they're always going to be a bit short offensively with Brantley in CF.

Damon, Kotchmann and Marson won't scare anyone. LaFatta (one Ozzie nickname that was pretty funny) has never produced consistently at the major league level.