GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 07:06 AM)
is this the first time back in houston since the world series?

It would be but these games aren't in Houston. Third time since 2005 Sox/Astros have played, always been in Chicago.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 07:32 AM)
Series is in Chicago. If not, then 15 members of my family are going to be sitting in an empty stadium tomorrow.

That would be impressive considering the stadium would be closed and they would need to break in somehow.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
That would be impressive considering the stadium would be closed and they would need to break in somehow.

jeeze, i get the point lol. i knew i had seen on stubhub they played here. my husband said it was in houston so i was like oh well then they must be playing a series there and then here in a week.

>ANYWAYS, hopefully floyd finally does good against this terrible team

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
The real question is - when will Dunn hit a double? I'm not sure if it's even possible with the way he hits and they line up against him

If he hit a slap down the 3rd base line against TOR, he would have had an easy double.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Dunn needs to start hitting the ball again. I'm sure he'll go on a tear, hit six homeruns in a game, and then cool off again. I'd like to see him wakeup starting tonight.

Fixed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 06:47 AM)
Throw a damn curveball.

Throwing them isn't a problem, controlling how they break and where they go seems to be the issue.

Wonder if Coop will come out yelling at some point again haha

It feels like Carlos Lee has been on the Astros for such a long time. Weird that it's only been since 2007. I know he likes hitting baseballs far in the park a few miles north of the Cell, hopefully coming back here overwhelms him emotionally and he goes 0-for the series. I'll be at the park taking a gander at what may be the AL's worst team in 2013.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 11:55 AM)
It feels like Carlos Lee has been on the Astros for such a long time. Weird that it's only been since 2007. I know he likes hitting baseballs far in the park a few miles north of the Cell, hopefully coming back here overwhelms him emotionally and he goes 0-for the series. I'll be at the park taking a gander at what may be the AL's worst team in 2013.

I'll bet you $100,000 he doesn't get a hit in this series.

He's on the DL :P