GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex is really fun to watch when he actually plays up to his capabilities.

The Toronto announcers last night were talking about how Rasmus makes it look so incredibly easy that sometimes it appears as though he isn't trying when things are going badly. Alex is the same way.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
I am going to hold Robin accountable here. If that play is practiced the amount it should be, it is NEVER messed up in that way.

Gotta tie it up here.

That's not on Robin. Lexi f***ed up royally. His bad and only his bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Well, that was a terrible at bat by AJ. Lots of players on Sox right now seem to have their heads elsewhere.

A.J. never takes pitches. He took two right down the middle and swung at one a foot outside. Horrible horrible approach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
Well, that was a terrible at bat by AJ. Lots of players on Sox right now seem to have their heads elsewhere.

I kind of agree, but that reliever looked pretty tough on a lefty didnt he?

They keep talking about how "sharp" Gavin was. That's scary. Because the zone is HUGE tonight and the Astros aren't a good offense.

If 6 IP and 4 ER vs. a team like Houston on a night where the zone is huge is the best we can hope for...that's not gonna cut it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 02:38 AM)
I kind of agree, but that reliever looked pretty tough on a lefty didnt he?

He is, but all the more reason to not fall behind in the count against him. It's not like AJP was going to walk.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
They miss Victor Martinez alot IMO!

Definitely. They added Prince, and a lot of people assumed they were a lock to win 100, but Martinez was huge last year, and a lot of things went right for them. It reminds me of the 1984 Sox, because the Sox rolled over everyone in 83 and added Tom Seaver the next season.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 02:38 AM)
They keep talking about how "sharp" Gavin was. That's scary. Because the zone is HUGE tonight and the Astros aren't a good offense.

If 6 IP and 4 ER vs. a team like Houston on a night where the zone is huge is the best we can hope for...that's not gonna cut it.

Gavin might as well go all Mike Jackson and throw curves (sliders in Jackson's case) 90% of the time.