GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 04:00 AM)
The funny thing was his curveball was HOF material tonight. They had no chance against it. The fastball was hit hard, although not very often.

I see he had nine k's which is more lioke the Floyd we used to know. I was at dinner at a sports bar and they know me there as a Sox fan and turned the game on. I saw Floyd with a K or 2 and then also give up the homer. He said himself he leaves that ball up in the zone and gets smacked

Dear Hector,

I'm really sorry about what the White Sox did to you. Hopefully they will see the light and bring up Brian Bruney and one of the other AAA guys have a decent season out of the bullpen to replace you and Zach Stewart

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
lol what is with the little spin-o-rama Hector is using

I was about to mention that...got annoying after his did it for the 5th time. Especially when he's giving up hits and walking guys like Castro and Maxwell.

I would like to give our team a thumbs down for tonight but applaud Rios.

If he played like this every year, he'd be a rather likeable player. He's hitting to all fields, doing great.

My question to you is ... why does he stink some seasons? I mean really suck? You would think a guy with consistent at bats who never gets hurt like Rios would be more consistent. I mean he was a piece of dung last year and now he's fine. WTF?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)

If he played like this every year, he'd be a rather likeable player. He's hitting to all fields, doing great.

My question to you is ... why does he stink some seasons? I mean really suck? You would think a guy with consistent at bats who never gets hurt like Rios would be more consistent. I mean he was a piece of dung last year and now he's fine. WTF?

Nobody knows.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 04:04 AM)
Dear Hector,

I'm really sorry about what the White Sox did to you. Hopefully they will see the light and bring up Brian Bruney and one of the other AAA guys have a decent season out of the bullpen to replace you and Zach Stewart

They should at least think about it :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
By the 3rd.

Some pitchers, particularly ones that have done it their whole life, struggle converting to having to warm up in a matter of minutes and pitching with irregularity. Put an exclamation point on it when you have to make that change in the major leagues. Tough to have all of your pitches, etc especially when he just threw his first screwball last season. He's almost completely abandoned it this year in favor of a changeup (easier pitch to find release point on out of pen)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)

I think he goes through stretches where he really wants to play, and some where he doesn't. I think he's in a stretch where he looks forward to playing right now, hopefully it lasts for a while. The scouting report when he was claimed was he didn't feel like playing all the time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
When Brian Bruney is being pined for, it may be time for KW to make a few phone calls.

The more you think about it, if he's serious about trying to get this team into the postseason, then he needs to add another veteran righty reliever and a starting 3b.